Thread: Wall sweep at corners of walls

Login to Give a bone

Question Wall sweep at corners of walls

New to Revit so be kind.

How would you place a sweep at the outside corner of two walls?

I am working on a small park restroom that is CMU with a board and batten on furring. I want to have wider battens to cover the outside corners of the building but Revit does not allow me to place any sweep beyond what it deems the "end of the wall".

I have set up the wall type as 8" CMU, 1-1/2" furring with insulation and 1x boards as the sheathing. I am placing the battens manually using sweeps (small project) but I am having a bear of a time getting the corners to work out.

I have looked though numerous threads but couldn't find anything quite similar enough.

Thanks in advance for any help.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall sweep at corners of walls

You have to make sure of two things:

1. The 'end' of each wall must extend right to the corner. With a butt wall join, one wall is pushed back from the corner. Edit the wall join and make it a mitre instead.

2. The origin point of the vertical sweep must be 'away' from the corner. This is easiest to do in a 3d view. Place the sweep a little way back from the corner. Select it and note the position of the blue dots. If they're not on the side facing away from the corner, click the <=> arrows to flip it.

Once you've created two of these sweeps, you can align one to the other to bring them together on the corner and use Join Geometry to get rid of the overlap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Totally rockin' answer tomnewsom! Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

I have a similar condition, but mine requires the use of two sweeps, one directly above the other (a cornice, with a parapet cap). The one directly at the top of the wall (the cornice) plays just fine, but the one above (which visually sits on top of the other one, but is accomplished with a vertical offset) looses the corner joins when it is offset above the wall. Adjusting the blue dots doesn't do anything (they snap right back to where they were when you let go of them).

The cornice sweep as well as a lot of other geometry hidden in this image so that the condition is easier to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, never mind that I forgot to change the material on the parapet cap.... haha
    Attached Images Attached Images