Thread: Graphical column schedule - issue with column location mark

Login to Give a bone

Default Graphical column schedule - issue with column location mark

We are having a problem with the graphical column schedule in Revit Structure. We have several columns that lie 200mm off grid lines however when scheduling these columns the offset does not appear in the column location mark in the column location. This is a problem for us many of these columns have other columns adjacent to them which are also 200mm off the same grid line and as Revit is scheduling these columns as both being on grid they are being put onto of each other in the column schedule (see attachments for an example of this problem).
    Is there a way to get Revit to recognise all grid offsets when assigning a column with a location mark?

Many thanks Brent

Autodesk Revit Support
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Graphical column schedule - issue with column location mark

Hi Brent,

I think that since Revit Structure 2009, the product has some improvements for the creation of a graphical column schedule include adding shifted-columns, columns that are off-center from the grid intersection, and grouped columns. See attached .jpg.

I would suggest you to quickly send your file to Autodesk Product Support to take a quick look to see why some of your offset columns are missing in GCS.

Best,

Wai
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

What happens is that in 2009 if the face of your column touches or goes beyond the grid line then Revit sets the Column Mark to the grid. I think it is set up that way so that columns that are offset slightly are scheduled in the same column stack or Column Grid Mark in the schedule.

Edit:

Everything seems to work the same in 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djn; 2009-05-20 at 04:07 PM.

Login to Give a bone

We are having the same problems on a project we are working on now. It appears that any part of the column touches the grid even though the center is not on the grid will says its on the grid. This is a huge problem that needs to be resolved. Please post possible fix.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

There are a couple things that need to addressed with the graphic column schedule.

1. It would be nice if you could control the distance from a grid intersection to center of column before it considers it off grid. This could be a structural setting much like how you can control the automatic adjustment for vertical analytical lines.
    2. If you are going to show true sizes for concrete columns you need to be able to control the view at which the graphic column looks at the column. Right now if always show the column as if you are looking North (I think), so if you have a building that is skewed all you column look funky or skewed. Also it shows all column centered on the grid and doesn't show the correct offsets of the column. This could be handled by have a parameter that allowed you to set the view the graphic column schedule generates column from, Front, Back, Left, Right.
    3. We need the ability to generate a graphic column schedule based on Column Stacks and not grid intersection. Even if you could generate a column schedule base on the Mark parameter would be a huge improvement.