Thread: Civil 3D 2010 Hovering point info

Login to Give a bone

Default Civil 3D 2010 Hovering point info

In 2009 you could hover next to a point label and it would give you the specifics of the point, I have attached an image, but in 2010 it seems to be either turned off or non existant. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2010 Hovering point info

Do you see the tips if you hover over the Point Marker itself, instead of the Point Label? I seem to notice that the tips often only appear if I hover over the Point Marker.

Login to Give a bone

I am unable to get the point info to display no matter where I hover, label, marker, or node. That may be something that they fix in the SP

TIA

Login to Give a bone

It should be basically working.

There are several places to turn tool tips on/off. The top-level setting is in the Drawing Settings -> Ambient Settings -> General. Then there's another one if you right-click on Point on the Settings Tab, and go into the Feature Settings. Make sure that, at a minimum, the one for Points is turned on.

There used to be a way to turn Tool Tips on and off for each Point Group, too, but I believe that went away with either the 2008 or 2009 version.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I'm seeing the same issue in my 2010 install. It looks like all my tooltips are functioning correctly EXCEPT for the points. When I hover over a point, I get nothing regarding that point....although if I have a surface defined I do get the information for the surface. Or, if I add an alignment I can see the tooltip for that, but still no point TT's.

Login to Give a bone

Evidently, there be new bugs here...

It looks like Autodesk changed things AGAIN, and now it looks like it's possible to turn Tool Tips on and off for each individual point. I'm not really sure why we needed that option, but there it is.

The problem is that, when you open a 2009 drawing in 2010, all the tool tips for all the individual points default to OFF, even when the tool tips are turned on in the settings. This is a bug.

The solution seems to be to select all your Cogo Points, then in the Properties window, you can turn the tool tips on. Unfortunately, you will very likely hit ANOTHER bug, and that bug is that if you select too many Cogo Points and try to look at their properties, you will crash/hang C3D. Selecting just 1000 Cogo Points at a time on my high-powered Core i7 system took quite a long time, if I had the Properties window open. Trying to select 3000 points was impossible.

I was really hoping Autodesk had fixed that Properties bug in 2010, but it looks like no such luck.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Evidently, there be new bugs here...

The problem is that, when you open a 2009 drawing in 2010, all the tool tips for all the individual points default to OFF, even when the tool tips are turned on in the settings. This is a bug.
    I was really hoping Autodesk had fixed that Properties bug in 2010, but it looks like no such luck.
    Yes, the first drawing I checked was one brought forward from 2009. However, I did check this in a brand new drawing, using one of the 2010 DWT's. The Point object's properties shows that tooltips are ON, but I still get no TT's for any new points.

Going to check on correcting the 2009 drawing as you describe now.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Well, annoying discovery. I can get the the Rollover ToolTips for the points to display by turning on the ToolTip option for the points. But, rollover tips are NOT the same as the basic ToolTips and I do not use them.

Login to Give a bone

Oh, yeah, looks like those are the rollover tips.

Point Tool Tips must be busted in C3D 2010.

Login to Give a bone

looks like I can get the point hover info to show up if I import the points into the drawing using the import survey data option in 2010.

can anyone verify that this is the only way right now?