Thread: Mirror + Revit = Horror

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Mirror + Revit = Horror

1. Attached file, containing a mirrored curtain wall, just looks fine until you try to edit the profile.

2.An oldie:
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdutch View Post
    It happens to me on a regular base, that mirroring inplace families is breaking my knees.
    Using mirror in Revit is spooky and drives me crazy.

Autodesk, please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mirror + Revit = Horror

We have noticed this happening as well in our projects. Mirrored objects seem to have their own way of behaving and displaying.

Not that it helps or makes it any better, but Autodesk has identified this as a known issue.

I agree:

Autodesk, please fix this bug. Mirroring is a STAPLE operation.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have had very few problems with the mirror command in Revit. Part of it is knowing what NOT to mirror. Curtain walls are notorious for being a pain to modify in any way once created. It is often easier to re-create the curtain wall rather than copy or mirror it. They really get goofy when modified.

All AUGI, all the time Gadget Man's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen.49364 View Post
    ...Curtain walls are notorious for being a pain to modify in any way once created. It is often easier to re-create the curtain wall rather than copy or mirror it...
    This may well be true but it still doesn't solve or fix the problem.

Revit, being so horribly expensive piece of software and aspiring to be the world's leader, shouldn't have these trivial problems that could be more accepted/understandable in case of some cheap primitive programs...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen.49364 View Post
    I have had very few problems with the mirror command in Revit. Part of it is knowing what NOT to mirror.
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

Sadly, it exactly describes the part of Revit, I really don't like. We have to change the way we work just because of an annoying bug! For me, it makes no sense at all, that you can mirror this and can't mirror that! It's a fundamental and basic command that has been around for decades now and just should work flawlessly.

Come on guys, fixing this bug shouldn't take years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!