Thread: Prompt for save

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Prompt for save

Is some sheets I'll save the drawing and immediately go to close it and it prompts my to save it again. What causes this? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Prompt for save

Hard to tell... are you doing anything at all... like "zoom to extents" or panning after you hit the save button?

If so, that would do it.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

No, nothing. Save then close. It only happens on the same 5 sheets. Thanks.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Sometimes I find my mouse wheel so sensitive that it scroll zooms without me actually touching it ... that sometimes causes this.

However, I've even found this happening during an eTransmit. You know, ETRANSMI command, then it asks to save, calculates a bit, then it asks to Save again. There's one of 2 things I found works in this scenario:
    • Change to model space tab (TILEMODE=1) then save; or if that still fails
    • Save the drawing (Ctrl+S) then close and answer Yes or No ... doesn't matter), then re-open the drawing and immediately issue ETRANSMIT.
    This only happens on some drawings, usually those where I've copied / xreffed / inserted from outside sources. So my guess is it's some sort of object which doesn't work nicely I've even tried WBLOCK the entire thing out, AUDIT and RECOVER ... still gives the same problem on these drawings. I've simply learned to live with it

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bryan.thatcher View Post
    Is some sheets I'll save the drawing and immediately go to close it and it prompts my to save it again. What causes this? Thanks.
    As soon as you save, type in DBMOD at the command line. If it's 0, then you should not get prompted to save the drawing.

If it is 0 and you run the ._CLOSE command and it still prompts you to save, then there must be a reactor firing off the close command that is doing something to the drawing.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Just tried this again on a file which I "know" causes this problem. The file contains a lot of data copied in from an Interior Designer's drawing. Directly after Opening the file I typed DBMOD (as rkmcswain suggests - thanks!) ... result = 32 ... from help that means Field has been updated. Typed QSAVE and DBMOD directly after ... result = 0 ... this one while in Model Space. If I type DBMOD directly after QSAVE in Paper Space: DBMOD=5 (i.e. Object database modified & Database variable modified).

OK, so you say it's a reactor. Moved all the LSP's to a different folder, closed & restarted ACad, but still this happens ... now what? Has anyone got an idea to figure out what field(s) is changing during Open? And also to check what has actually changed which Object / Variable during save.

As stated before ... it only happens on some DWG's ... not all.

Login to Give a bone

You could probably test if it is a field causing your problem by changing fieldeval to 0. This will result in the fields not being updated. Test to see if close then will prompt for a save after saving it.

Patrick Johnson
    http:\\www.cadenhancement.com

Login to Give a bone

There is a known issue with the ACA/MEP object enablers that causes a drawing to go immediately dirty (DbMod<>0) even after a save. The issue is related with tags placed in the drawing. This bug is confirmed in at least AutoCAD MEP 2008.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.