Thread: Flow through piping sections

Login to Give a bone

Default Flow through piping sections

Alright, I have been fairly successfull in design my plumbing system so far. Although, there are some sections of piping that show "0" flow. Typically these sections are the main pipe runs. but if I select one of the pipes that are connected to the fixture the properties show a flow, pressure etc....Also, how do you complete these systems, ie water meters, tanks... Basically make an all around complete system with no open ends. As a side note, when i do my check piping systems button, i get around 300 errors, most saying zero flow through section. Ive read that all the connectors have to be connected but it looks like to me that they are...

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flow through piping sections

Quote Originally Posted by jgoerling View Post
    Alright, I have been fairly successfull in design my plumbing system so far. Although, there are some sections of piping that show "0" flow. Typically these sections are the main pipe runs. but if I select one of the pipes that are connected to the fixture the properties show a flow, pressure etc....Also, how do you complete these systems, ie water meters, tanks... Basically make an all around complete system with no open ends. As a side note, when i do my check piping systems button, i get around 300 errors, most saying zero flow through section. Ive read that all the connectors have to be connected but it looks like to me that they are...
    Sounds like you are indeed having connectivity issues. The best way I have found to understand the flow in your networks, and troubleshoot them is using Pipe System Color Fills. I would recommend that you create one based upon the Fixture Units in your Pipe System. You can set a unique color like gray to 0 flow, and then it's easy to understand where the flow goes to 0 at a connection.

Conveniently, I've got an example of this that I used on our blog previously, and you can download it here to see it in action. You want to go to the Plumbing - Modeling -> 2nd Floor Plumbing - FU Color Fill view.

If you like this and want to bring it into your Project, just go ahead and use Transfer Project Standards to bring over "Color Fill Schemes" into your project. Then you just need to apply that Color Fill Scheme to the view you are working on.

Hope that Helps,
    Kyle B