Thread: Line-based detail--masking region linetype

Login to Give a bone

Default Line-based detail--masking region linetype

I'm working on creating a masking region linetype, in the guise of a line-based detail component. The reason for this is to use it to aid in the proper display of drawings, so that lines in the distance are masked before they touch the lines of the foreground (as in floor plans with ghost lines of floors below stopping before they touch the current floor's slab. I have succeeded in creating a line-based component masking region that I can say, drag along the edge of the slab, and have included a control to allow me to flip the orientation so that the masking region displays on the outside of the slab. What I would really like, however, is to be able to have this component behave even more like a line type. In other words, have corners trim like those of walls. Think of it like a double line that trims at corners. Is this possible?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Line-based detail--masking region linetype

Quote Originally Posted by grudy View Post
    What I would really like, however, is to be able to have this component behave even more like a line type. In other words, have corners trim like those of walls. Think of it like a double line that trims at corners. Is this possible?
    I don't think you can do that, unless you add a reference line at the end of the line based detail component with an angle parameter (instance parameter) and lock your masking region sketch to it. Then you can manually type the angle and make it switch from something like this __| to something like that __/, where the next masking region would conect...

Andre Carvalho