Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clash Report

I could stop if I wanted to tonyisenhoff's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Clash Report

Can you customize the Clash Reports? I'm thinking of a report that we give the consultants after a coordination meeting. Something they can take back to the office as a reference to pick up required changes. The current clash report does list the items of concern, but where in the model is the clash? Room number or column grid intersection? Image is pretty darn small, those kind of things..

Looking for something in Options, but I see nada...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Clash Report

There are several topics of this subject in the forum. Too many to post,but a quick search should pull them up. To change the image in the clash report, you need to go to advanced options. Hold down the Shift key when selecting Global Options.

Under Registry>Current User>Clash Detection>Reports you can change the output resolution to something other than the default 512 x 512.

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

Well isn't that a sneakly little bit of info! I love getting tips like this!

Thanks a ton!

Login to Give a bone

It would be nice if we could get the "Plan View" to export with the report so teams could get another visual clue of where they are in the model...

I looked, but it doesn't appear possible, right?

Login to Give a bone

We are working on doing the same thing. I started dissecting the XML report template in the program install folders, but the going is very slow.

They have coding that seems to reference several items outside of the template and following it is tricky. We did replace the generic logo image with our project image by overwriting it. I would rather modify the call statement that brings it in, but that broke the template; guess my mod was not correctly coded.

We also want to include an 'overall' image capture with all clashed elements highlighted and the rest Xray ghosted back. If I can figure it out, it will be posted.

The other thing I'm working on is how to get the zoom on each clash to be better as well. Adjusting the clash view manually is fine for a few dozen, but if you have a lot, like 60+, it will be very time consuming and inefficient. I'm looking at the variable under clash report called view_zoom. I can't find any info on it with vast searches. The manual for Nav does not even mention the Registry options set at all so no help there. Anyone know of a manual of secret settings ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I think you guys are going to have to do your own customization on what you're trying to do. An overall image on projects of the size I'm working on (just showing clashes with everything else transparent) and having sometimes as many as 5,000+ clashes on one model would look like a giang blob of Orange or whatever color you have for your clashes.

NavisWorks, like all Autodesk products, have to with with a project as small as a garden shed in your back yard to a multi-million square foot processing plant or a giant aircraft carrier. Ohh, and it also has to work worldwide.

That's why one of the best things about Autodesk products is thier ability to be customized by both 3rd party vendors and individual users alike.

It would be nice to see a forum under the NavisWorks section for customization so some of us can learn how to go about it, share what we've learned, and perhaps catch the eye of the Autodesk programmers and give them ideas for making the product better for all.

Just my thoughts.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    Those API folks live in a dark and scary world.. Thanks for the link..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Clash Report

Thanks Paul,

You are on target with your comments. Most AutoDesk mainline products are very vanilla out of the box and allow a lot of customization. It is both their strength and weakness.
    Some of our report areas would also look like a big orange blob too ! Plus the tricky thing is, Navisworks will only create the 'overall' view appearance if you group all the clashes together, which then makes you lose the total clash count. Brilliant ! So we were talking last week about grouping them; exporting the resulting image view; then explode the group to get the 'overall' we want. A really dumb sledgehammer workaround, but until we see better functions come along it will do.
    I also started to explore the XML report template files to see what I can do to make them our own. If I have any success, it will be shared.
    I'm going to check out the API forum too.

Be Cool.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pheadpro View Post
    Thanks Paul,

You are on target with your comments. Most AutoDesk mainline products are very vanilla out of the box and allow a lot of customization. It is both their strength and weakness.
    Some of our report areas would also look like a big orange blob too ! Plus the tricky thing is, Navisworks will only create the 'overall' view appearance if you group all the clashes together, which then makes you lose the total clash count. Brilliant ! So we were talking last week about grouping them; exporting the resulting image view; then explode the group to get the 'overall' we want. A really dumb sledgehammer workaround, but until we see better functions come along it will do.
    I also started to explore the XML report template files to see what I can do to make them our own. If I have any success, it will be shared.
    I'm going to check out the API forum too.

Be Cool.
    If you haven't seen it already: w3schools.com, under XML and XSLT. Given the frequent use of both in virtually all applications, good things to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast