Thread: Mullion display with worksets

Login to Give a bone

Default Mullion display with worksets

I am having a problem displaying mullions correctly. Even though I change the Workset of the curtain wall, the mullions still display as though they are on the active Workset. I cannot change the Workset property of the mullion in either instance or type properties (it appears to be set up in the family properties of the mullions).

What makes it more weird, is that I have other mullions on the project that are behaving differently (a different mullion type, but seemingly the same settings).

Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mullion display with worksets

I've just run into the same problem. Anyone have an answer yet?

My issue is that my Curtain walls are drawn on one workset but individual mullions and panels seam to have ended up on different worksets. Now I can't change them back to the correct workset. When you turn off these other worksets you end up with a broken up wall (which looks cool but doesn't do me any good). I know, I know, I should be more careful what layer (oops, worksets) I'm on when I'm drawing or changing things but I can't seam to reproduce the error so I'm not really sure how I got here.

Thanks,.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Baros View Post
    I've just run into the same problem. Anyone have an answer yet?

My issue is that my Curtain walls are drawn on one workset but individual mullions and panels seam to have ended up on different worksets. Now I can't change them back to the correct workset. When you turn off these other worksets you end up with a broken up wall (which looks cool but doesn't do me any good). I know, I know, I should be more careful what layer (oops, worksets) I'm on when I'm drawing or changing things but I can't seam to reproduce the error so I'm not really sure how I got here.

Thanks,.
    +1 - any news on that?

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You've resurrected a thread whose last post was over 12 years ago. It is possible that it was an issue for awhile, that occurred as a result of a bug, but has been resolved since.

In Revit 2018 (and for as long as I can remember) mullions are assigned to the same workset as their parent curtain wall...as I'd expect. Functionally, they are a child of the curtain wall family like grids and panels are. As such they belong to the same workset as their parent.

There isn't any practical reason to need to assign them to a separate workset. The only reason that I recall hearing someone ask for that has to do with turning off mullions in views to improve regeneration times or change the appearance of a large building in some views. Curtain Wall Mullions have their own category in Visibility/Graphics and a Filter can be used to deal with showing them or altering their appearance when desired.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    You've resurrected a thread whose last post was over 12 years ago. It is possible that it was an issue for awhile, that occurred as a result of a bug, but has been resolved since.

In Revit 2018 (and for as long as I can remember) mullions are assigned to the same workset as their parent curtain wall...as I'd expect. Functionally, they are a child of the curtain wall family like grids and panels are. As such they belong to the same workset as their parent.

There isn't any practical reason to need to assign them to a separate workset. The only reason that I recall hearing someone ask for that has to do with turning off mullions in views to improve regeneration times or change the appearance of a large building in some views. Curtain Wall Mullions have their own category in Visibility/Graphics and a Filter can be used to deal with showing them or altering their appearance when desired.
    I have the same issue on Revit 2018.3 (due to someone on my team having the wrong workset active) and have not been able to solve it. Has anyone been able to solve this issue in any other way than deleting and reinstating the works on the correct workset?