See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Way to switch back to Home tab?

Login to Give a bone

Default Way to switch back to Home tab?

I am trying to start using the ribbon in CAD 2010 and was wondering if there is a way to automatically switch back to the "Home" tab after every command (should your command be located on another tab)?

I find the majority of the commands I use to be on the "Home" tab but do have to change to another tab once in awhile. It would be nice if once the command on the other tab is completed, if AutoCAD would just change back to the "home" tab without me having to click it.

Could just be wishful thinking but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Way to switch back to Home tab?

No way that I know of.
    I put frequently used items (for example: the layer dropdown) in a toolbar that always stays visible.
    Some people put frequently used items in the QAT also.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Tabs are organized by Workflow, when I switch to another tab I'll generally use it a few times before switching to another. I use customized right-click Shortcut Menus for modifying objects and have several QAT's associated with different workspaces. Each of the QAT's has Qsave, Undo & Redo dropdowns and the 'Layer List Combo Box' so they're always available no matter what tab I'm on.

Login to Give a bone

Assuming OOTB Ribbon components:

Code:
    (defun c:HH (c:GoHome))
    (defun c:GoHome ()
      (command
        "._+ribbon"
        (if (wcmatch (getvar 'roamablerootprefix) "*C3D*")
          "CIVIL.ID_Civil3DHome"                                            ; c3d
          "ACAD.ID_TabHome"                                                 ; 2d
    ;;;      "ACAD.ID_TabHome3D"                                               ; 3d
        )
      )
      (princ)
    )
    ------------------------------

[Edit] - There are only two ways of setting a specific RibbonTab as current that I know of. The first is to use the code above, which is dependent on the +RIBBON Command, and inherently not usable within a LISP Reactor by definition.

If using the code above (a second, manual step) is insufficient, then you can step up into .NET API, as shown here.

[Edit] - After rereading that post, I recall wanting to implement a pseudo-named 'CRIBBONTAB' Custom System Variable for this back in 2012, but that wasn't possible until 2015. I will circle back to this at my soonest convenience.
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2016-08-16 at 03:56 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

One of the things I really like about the ribbon is that I can pull a panel off of one of the ribbons into my workspace. This way I have the tools I use the most in a spot that is easy to get to and I dont have to worry about switching back and forth on the ribbon.

My typical work setup is to set my ribbon up primarily to Modify and have all of my work tools pulled out as indicated on the image below. If you hover over the panel you will notice an up arrow on the right hand side. If you click on this it would put the panel back on to the ribbon in the spot you last had it. If you drag multiple panels together in the workspace that will combine into one big panel (shown in the image) so if you need to more them you can move all of them in one shot. You can also toggle the orientation to read from side to side or up and down.

Hope this helps. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

ribbon.jpg