Thread: Title block image does not print

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Title block image does not print

I have an image inserted into our title block family. In 2009, when you print a sheet that uses the title block family the image printed also. In 2010, the image dissappears. It shows up in the sheet view but dissapears when you do a print preview or print. Does any one know whats going on here?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Title block image does not print

Someone else posted that this is a bug with the print preview. At least on my printers, and to PDF, the titleblock image does actually print, it just cannot be seen in the print preview window for some reason.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have had this happen as you describe a couple of times over the years. (in R200

Every once and a while some random logo just DOES NOT print... nor preview...
    I never got to the bottom of it, never had time to experiment with the specific raster in question... and i always assumed it was the image file and not Revit..

I think on these rare occassions, the user would just put the logo image right on the sheet or in some other family..?? (or it would just start printing the next day..?)

Unfortunately, I do not remember any exact solution... i just wanted to chime in so you know that you are not the only one...

Can you share the image with us so we can try it.?

I recommend putting the image straight onto a view in Revit and print it from there just to see if it will print at all...

Login to Give a bone

I also have the same problem. Image worked fine on titleblock in 2009 now it doesn't show in preview or print. This is on one titleblock sheet. On another titleblock sheet it doesn't show in preview but does print!! Wierd. I have reimported the image on the titleblock with no success and also just tried to print it on the sheet. No success. It is a bmp file.

Its these little annoyances that drive us crazy with Revit!!

* Just an update... It's not printing on the laser printer but it does print on the inkjet printer. Haven't changed any settings but I look further at it later.*
    Last edited by karalyn.patrick; 2009-05-12 at 12:47 AM.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by karalyn.patrick View Post
    I also have the same problem. Image worked fine on titleblock in 2009 now it doesn't show in preview or print. This is on one titleblock sheet. On another titleblock sheet it doesn't show in preview but does print!! Wierd. I have reimported the image on the titleblock with no success and also just tried to print it on the sheet. No success. It is a bmp file.

Its these little annoyances that drive us crazy with Revit!!

* Just an update... It's not printing on the laser printer but it does print on the inkjet printer. Haven't changed any settings but I look further at it later.*
    Were having the same issue. It prints to PDF, and it prints to the small format printer, but not the large format one. Filed a SR, they say its a known issue that will be addressed in WU1...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Aaron, I hope WU1 isn't too far away...

Cheers,

Karalyn

Login to Give a bone

I wish I had reviewed known issues before upgrading to 2010. It seems they broke more things than they fixed. Apparantly if you're a programmer and aren't good enough for other companies, you go to work for Autodesk. Totally inexcusible to have more issues w/ each release.

Login to Give a bone

I can work around the issue by selecting raster processing in the print setup dialog on any sheet(s) with an image on it.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Title block image does not print

I have the same problem. I also have another problem with my titleblock, I am a beginner revit MEP user and I had created a titleblock that prints perfectly in 2009 to scale however in 2010 a white 1 inch space appears around the titleblock. I have tried reseting the print settings and it makes no difference as well as stretching a copy of the original title block. It is till the same. Can someone please help. Kind Regards
    James NZ

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I can work around the issue by selecting raster processing in the print setup dialog on any sheet(s) with an image on it.
    Trouble is then my black lines don't print as crisp black lines. They have a slight colour tinge to them and kind of fade in and out. i.e. for fill patterns