Thread: Current Version Does Not Support

Login to Give a bone

Default Current Version Does Not Support

Our users are starting to get the message "Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type."

The file was created while DR 2009 was install (Jan 2009) and worked fine with both DR 2009 and 2010. Over the last week the files are coming up with the error message. I've restored from previous dates without success.

Anybody have thoughts on what might have changed to cause this to happen.

Thanks,
    Steve

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Current Version Does Not Support

What is the file extension, DWFX?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

The extension is DWF.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Are you running both versions of ADR in your office? I know that if you create certain markups in ADR 2010 that they will throw a dialogue in a previous version of ADR about possible incompatability. If everyone is using ADR 2010 I haven't seen any incompatability issues myself. What other software and versions are you using to create the DWF files? Revit, AutoCAD, etc.

Login to Give a bone

We are running both ADR 2009 and 2010 but can't open the DWF files in either version. These files were created from Architecture 2008 using the DWF 6 driver.

We used to be able to open the files I'm referring to with both versions of ADR but now we get the incompatible message from both.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

We get the same message when more then one user is working a single DWF simultaneously on a network utilizing DR 2010. The file becomes corrupt, and we are unable to retreive markup work. Since the DWF is partially XML based, I'm wondering if there is a way to salvage the markups? Although we've educated the 800+ user base that you can't work on the same file, it has still happened. Meanwhile we have corrupted DWFs. When attempting to load the markup set from these files in AutoCAD 2008 and 2010 the program keeps asking for the markup file.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmbalzer View Post
    We get the same message when more then one user is working a single DWF simultaneously on a network utilizing DR 2010. The file becomes corrupt, and we are unable to retreive markup work. Since the DWF is partially XML based, I'm wondering if there is a way to salvage the markups? Although we've educated the 800+ user base that you can't work on the same file, it has still happened. Meanwhile we have corrupted DWFs. When attempting to load the markup set from these files in AutoCAD 2008 and 2010 the program keeps asking for the markup file.
    To recover the files maybe use Previous versions in windows to pull backups. Depending on your system (we do hourly backups) you hopefully will not have lost a ton of work. As for multiple people reviewing the files I would try to use a DMS (Document Management System). Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Productstrem, or Bentley ProjectWise. There are also many more but those are the biggies. Those do a great job of only locking a single user to a document, whether it be a dwg, dwf, doc, pdf, etc. The only file format I haven't seen work in a DMS is .rvt because it works as it's own DMS in a very particular way.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks GuinnessCAD for that info. We have looked at deloying a DMS such as Vault in the past. In this particular workflow however, the users should be working on independant files. Thanks again for the input, as always it is appreciated!