Thread: Conceptual Mass Paneling

Login to Give a bone

Default Conceptual Mass Paneling

Sorry if this has been dealt with before, i have looked all over these forums and have not been able to find a solution.

I am working on a conceptual mass that looks fairly complex, but was a simple spline through points, extruded up, with several profiles added to it, which were then scaled to give a tapered look. (See pic)

I then click on one of the faces of the model (these are not edges i have added, but i presume where the spline points were on the base.) and try to pattern it.

A pattern appears, but i do not have the ability to change this to say, a triangulated pattern, or a family i have already made, which is what i really need.
    I would rather not have to remodel this shape, and in the same file i even tried to make a simple extruded rectange, which had the same problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Conceptual Mass Paneling

Somethign is wrong with that file for some reason. When a divided surface is selected you should get the type selector where the pattern can be changed (see attached screen shot). This is not happening in your file for some reason. Even if I draw a simple box off to the side in this file I am not getting the type selector when the divided surface is selected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your swift reply Jeff, much appreciated.
    I have a fair bit of experience with the paneling system, and this is the first time i have come across this problem, it was very odd!
    Is there any way i can take my geometry into another conceptual mass file, and do it from there, a simpe copy/paste doesnt satisy the constraints.
    Should i pass this on to the Autodesk team, or have you already done it
    Thanks again

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jamie.mann View Post
    Thanks for your swift reply Jeff, much appreciated.
    I have a fair bit of experience with the paneling system, and this is the first time i have come across this problem, it was very odd!
    Is there any way i can take my geometry into another conceptual mass file, and do it from there, a simpe copy/paste doesnt satisy the constraints.
    Should i pass this on to the Autodesk team, or have you already done it
    Thanks again
    I tried copy paste and found the same problem. I did not send it along to support. you can do that and they can get it to developemnt to take a oook at why this might be happening.