Thread: Transfering Pipe Sizes, Materials, Connections, and Schedule/Types does not work, please help

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Transfering Pipe Sizes, Materials, Connections, and Schedule/Types does not work, please help

So my question to the gurus and revit gods is this...I have created custom pipe materials, sizes, connections, etc and want to transfer them between projects...the pipe types and fittings that are defined in them go no problem; however, the data that is defined in the ms, sorry dont mean to speak in shortcuts, mechanical settings does not transfer the new only? i have run some tests...added random sizes and such to the material i am trying to tranfser only to find out that it IS loaded into the destination project but not showing up in the drop down...

Ok so according to the help I "should" be able to transfer these settings between projects, it wont though only if i overwrite them...which is no good i lose the pipe data i have already customly defined some in the destination project (none of this is done on live projects all testing but i need the answer for a deadline quickly approaching), no dice in 2009 or 2010? Please any and all ideas is much appreciated. Thank you.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Transfering Pipe Sizes, Materials, Connections, and Schedule/Types does not work, please help

I had this problem a few weeks back and was pretty bummed out that I couldn't transfer pipe info from our new template into a project that was in progress. I tried and tried, but strangely was not successful until I started using the Central File.

Kick everyone out of the destination project. Everyone must save/relinquish/close. Then, open the Central and the project (or template) with the new info. Perform the Transfer Settings directly into the Central with no open locals, no owners, and no borrowers.

Give it a shot. It worked for me.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Transfering Pipe Sizes, Materials, Connections, and Schedule/Types does not work, please help

Thanks for the help, no dice though. Besides that it doesnt really even make sense that it would work in a central file and not a straight rvt file. Time to go through the API and see what I can do. Thanks again.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Please post if anyone figures out a way to make this work correctly, whether through the API or otherwise.
    Thanks