Thread: AutoCAD Plant 3D

Login to Give a bone

Question AutoCAD Plant 3D

Is anyone involved in the beta testing? If possible, without violating the nondisclosure, that’s your general impressions of the program?

It’s my understanding that it’s to work in conjunction with AutoCAD P&ID? Is anyone currently working with the P&ID package and what has your experience been?

Does anyone have a guess as to when the official launch will be? 2011? 2012?

I have not heard much about the program except for what can be found in the link.

Thanks for any feedback.

http://in-the-pipes.typepad.com/in_t...of-beta-3.html

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Plant 3D

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD_JONES View Post
    Is anyone involved in the beta testing? If possible, without violating the nondisclosure, that’s your general impressions of the program?

It’s my understanding that it’s to work in conjunction with AutoCAD P&ID? Is anyone currently working with the P&ID package and what has your experience been?

Does anyone have a guess as to when the official launch will be? 2011? 2012?

I have not heard much about the program except for what can be found in the link.

Thanks for any feedback.

http://in-the-pipes.typepad.com/in_t...of-beta-3.html
    I've been invited to participate, but unfortunately have been too busy to even download and install the program. For what it's worth, it is my understanding as well that it is intended to work w/ the P&ID program, which I've seen, but don't have any personal experience to write about. Sorry, not much help at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to make some progress in the coming days/weeks.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: AutoCAD Plant 3D

Hi

We started with the AutoCAD P&ID 2011 and are very pleased with it. We had to get used to work deciplined with the parametrix in the program, you know setting annotationen and taggin and setting the program up with what we are using the most. But it works fine and we are happy useres. Now we use the full packed, Autocad Plant 3D 2011 and are upgrading to 2012 as soon as we can. 3D plant can use the parametrix from the P&ID(taggin) when you draw the pipe. But the absolut best part are when you just are making 3D pipe modelling...i really belive that this program are the absolute best and fastest 3D pipe modelling program in the world!!! Even that the program have some small bugs becourse its so new, we have desided that Plant 3D should be auher 3D pipeing program and we will stop useing Bentley....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by datatransport View Post
    Hi

We started with the AutoCAD P&ID 2011 and are very pleased with it. We had to get used to work deciplined with the parametrix in the program, you know setting annotationen and taggin and setting the program up with what we are using the most. But it works fine and we are happy useres. Now we use the full packed, Autocad Plant 3D 2011 and are upgrading to 2012 as soon as we can. 3D plant can use the parametrix from the P&ID(taggin) when you draw the pipe. But the absolut best part are when you just are making 3D pipe modelling...i really belive that this program are the absolute best and fastest 3D pipe modelling program in the world!!! Even that the program have some small bugs becourse its so new, we have desided that Plant 3D should be auher 3D pipeing program and we will stop useing Bentley....
    Interesting update, thanks! Since my last post I've changed my focus and unfortunately have not had an opportunity to use either program. However, I'm glad to hear there is at least one happy user out there! I guess there is hope for the piping industry after all

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by datatransport View Post
    Hi

Comparing it to Bentley and the old, convoluted, overly complicated mess that is AutoPlant is not really fair. There are a number of products on the market that will outperform AutoPlant at the usability level. Whether AutoDesk Plant 3D will live up to the hype remains to be judged, I haven't seen anything spectacular from it yet.

Login to Give a bone

HI TIM
    JOHN HERE
    TIM IS THERE ANY TRAINING FOR AUTOCAD PLANT 3D IN PHILADELPHIA OR NYC.

Login to Give a bone

Hi there,

I'm moving this thread from the CAD Management forum to the new Plant 3D forum, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jreis1 View Post
    HI TIM
    JOHN HERE
    TIM IS THERE ANY TRAINING FOR AUTOCAD PLANT 3D IN PHILADELPHIA OR NYC.
    Hi John. No, not that I am aware of. We don't teach or support it at this time. Sorry. Maybe that will change if the demand increases? I'd be the first to jump onboard