Thread: blocks with attributes

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question blocks with attributes

i have a issue have some drawings with construction note bubbles that have an attribute, my question is when i try to move the block and pick quadrant on the osnaps the block does not alow me to do this but if i insert a new block i can. does anyone now how to fix this?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: blocks with attributes

Is it a very complex drawing (i.e. lots of linework and large size)? It may be due to RAM becoming overused ... OSNAPS is the 1st to go if RAM is unavailable.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

not very complex but a lot of xref's. but when i reinsert the block i am able to move the object using quadrant snap.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

CWhat happens if you type quad and space instead of using the running OSNAP. Can you then pick a quadrant? If this happens then there's one of two things wrong:
    1. As in my previous post, the drawing's too complex for your current PC & Setup. You may try to add extra virtual RAM by increasing your swap disc size. In WinXP (someone else could show you how in Vista) right-click on the My Computer icon (either on the desktop or inside the Start menu). Select Properties, then open the Advanced tab, click on the Settings button in the Performance group. Go to the Advanced tab in the performance options dialog, click on the Change button in the Virtual memory group. The default & reccomended is System managed, however you could increase the size using custom. A good rule of thumb is to set VM to twice that of actual RAM. Click the Set button ... you will need to restart.
    2. One or more of the drawings (xrefs included) may contain errors. Run AUDIT on all of them separately. If still a prob, WBlock them out to try and clean them of any extraneous objects.