See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change Text to Bold

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Change Text to Bold

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Something we all overlooked, although we were missing a critial peice of information...

This is MTEXT, not TEXT, and the MTEXT contains embedded formatting, which overrides the properties of the applied textstyle.

You need to get rid of the embedded formatting if you want this MTEXT to take on the properties of the textstyle assigned to it.

Edit an MTEXT item, and when you are in edit mode, press Ctrl+A to select all the text, then right-click and select Remove Formatting > Remove All Formatting.

There is also a lisp routine available here to globally remove embedded formatting from a selection set of MTEXT entities.

http://cadabyss.wordpress.com/
    Yes...what you say is true...and a great idea...but this still requires me to do one text item at a time. Is there a way to do it by selecting all the ones I want to change without doing one at a time?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dhf000 View Post
    Yes...what you say is true...and a great idea...but this still requires me to do one text item at a time. Is there a way to do it by selecting all the ones I want to change without doing one at a time?
    The lisp routine Mr. McSwain linked you to will allow you to select all your MTEXT and remove the formatiing issues at once.

Then yes, you will need to do some extra work ....by either

1) going back in to each MTEXT and change certain pieces of text to BOLD,

or

2) break out the pieces of MTEXT (make seperate text or mtext) you want BOLD and put them on another text style (that you create) with bold text.

I would choose option 2

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    The lisp routine Mr. McSwain linked you to will allow you to select all your MTEXT and remove the formatiing issues at once.

Then yes, you will need to do some extra work ....by either

1) going back in to each MTEXT and change certain pieces of text to BOLD,

or

2) break out the pieces of MTEXT (make seperate text or mtext) you want BOLD and put them on another text style (that you create) with bold text.

I would choose option 2
    I have the two files stripmtext[3].dcl and striptext[309].lsp...could you please give me some instruction on how to use and implement their use. I used lisp routine a long time ago and have forgotten. I would educate myself but I am under the gun to get this done.

Login to Give a bone

I have the two files stripmtext[3].dcl and striptext[309].lsp...could you please give me some instruction on how to use and implement their use. I used lisp routine a long time ago and have forgotten. I would educate myself but I am under the gun to get this done.
    Place those files in a place you keep other custom cadd files (in my case: I use C:\Lisp).
    Then while in AutoCAD, under preferences add that path to your support directory if not already.

Then... type appload on the command line, browse to the lisp routine and load it. Check the command line after you close out of loading it, sometimes it will tell you what command to type to run it.

Then follow the prompts or dialog box.

Ok?

Login to Give a bone

...and for future reference, see: http://www.cadtutor.net/faq/question...ISP+routine%3F
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Place those files in a place you keep other custom cadd files (in my case: I use C:\Lisp).
    Then while in AutoCAD, under preferences add that path to your support directory if not already.

Then... type appload on the command line, browse to the lisp routine and load it. Check the command line after you close out of loading it, sometimes it will tell you what command to type to run it.

Then follow the prompts or dialog box.

Ok?
    Thanks for your help but still having problems - did as instructed and am getting the attached errors in the order as listed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12