Thread: Selection

Login to Give a bone

Default Selection

When I select multiple objects in certain drawings, but have to perform a transparent zoom to pick up extra objects does autocad then forget the previously selected objects? Resulting only in the last objects moving.
    I am assuming this is a variable as some drawings do this ok some dont

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
    When I select multiple objects in certain drawings, but have to perform a transparent zoom to pick up extra objects does autocad then forget the previously selected objects? Resulting only in the last objects moving.
    I am assuming this is a variable as some drawings do this ok some dont
    What version of Autocad are you using, in earlier releases select last or previous would only select the objects that were also in view.

Do you have a wheel mouse? That has pretty much made transparent panning and zooming redundant.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

what I have found is if you do a transparent zoom or pan, you will loose your selection set. As far as I can remember, since it was available, I have always used the center scroll wheel to zoom and pan in a drawing because it does not cause the selectionset to be lost.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

For those slightly in the dark here ... me included ... I'm assuming you mean that you start an implied window or crossing selection, then use the PAN or Zoom from the mouse wheel, then end the window / crossing somewhere else?

I know in previous versions this would only select the items visible at the time when the user picked the last point of the window/crossing. Newer versions now actually work as expected. Maybe you should try doing a CP or WP select instead.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    For those slightly in the dark here ... me included ... I'm assuming you mean that you start an implied window or crossing selection, then use the PAN or Zoom from the mouse wheel, then end the window / crossing somewhere else?

I know in previous versions this would only select the items visible at the time when the user picked the last point of the window/crossing. Newer versions now actually work as expected. Maybe you should try doing a CP or WP select instead.
    Okay you've put me in the dark now I read it as invoking a transparent command (using the apostrophe) during another command. So invoking a zoom transparently during say a move command.

I may be wrong though. It wouldn't be the first time.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Scratch that .. I just did a test again ... only CP works this way in Vanilla2008. See the video screen capture attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

There's no variable - it's a change in behaviour (another fix of something that wasn't broken). I think it started in about A2007 or A2008.