Thread: Slow startup

Login to Give a bone

Question Slow startup

When i open any drawing in C3D 2009, it gets hung up on (reading the command line) "Project Default Format for Save Set to AutoCAD 2000". It seems to pause there taking a long time to move to the next thing. After it gets through that, it has an issue with loading the cui files. It loads all of them, then unloads "Project" file, the reloads "Project" file. I cant figure out why its unloading it. Anyone have similar problems?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Slow startup

"Project" file? In Civil 3D?

Are you by any chance using Land Desktop instead of Civil 3D? Or are you using Civil 3D with the Vault?

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Slow startup

Im using standard Civil 3D 2009 without Vault. Im guessing this issue could be from a lisp routine our CAD Coordinator wrote? He's no longer working here, so i cant ask him what he did. I still have C3D 2008 and basic AutoCAD 2007 on my computer and i do not get the 2 issues when opening drawings with those programs. This started after installed Civil 3D 2009 a few months ago, and to top that, i dont beleive these issues were happening when i first started using C3D 2009, they just started happening a few weeks ago. We have a huge network here where i work and my computer is the only computer having these problems. Other C3D 2009 users are not having these issues. So there must be a setting somewhere on my computer that is different than the other computers?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Slow startup

I don't really know what happened.

You should not see anything about a "Project" file being loaded when loading Civil 3D. A couple of the first things that get loaded are "AEC Project Base" and "AEC Project UI", but you shouldn't see anything else being loaded. Civil 3D doesn't actually have any Projects (although the Vault does).

I also don't know why you would be seeing something about saving in 2000 format. You didn't change any settings for your save format, did you? With Civil 3D, you NEVER want to set your save format to an earlier version.

It's possible that all this is brought on somehow by CUI stuff. If someone was trying to work on your company's CUI files, and mixed Architectural stuff in with your C3D CUI or something like that, then it might conceivably create something weird like this. But I've never seen this problem, so I'm pretty much grasping at straws. And if it's a problem with your company CUI, your co-workers would probably be seeing it, too.

Your best bet may be to open a support ticket with Autodesk. Or you can always do the repair/reinstall dance.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Slow startup

I have done extensive modifications to "my computer's" cui file. So its looking like thats where the problem is. I think my best bet might be to restore to the default cui files that came with the program. I'll try that and see what happens. Also, i have changed my save set to 2004 in the options box. Not sure why it says 2000 when i open a file, but yes, i did change it. I'll be sure to put it back to the default 2007 format. Thanks for your help. I hope it works!