Thread: Revit + Inventor

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit + Inventor

Anybody have any experience with integrating Revit and Inventor? I've been running into issues with Revit's ability to create highly detailed components. I imagine Inventor is able to create what I need, however, I need components that are parametric, as I imagine it would be tedious to create all the individual types in Inventor then bring them in to Revit individually.
    So it would seem that I what I need is some hybrid of Inventor as Revit's family creator.
    So...anybody know what the true interoperability is between Inventor and Revit?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit + Inventor

I have no direct experience, but I think the hybrid thing was kind of like what they were going for with the .adsk file. You can build something in inventor and bring it out to Revit cleanly (at least in theory, like I said, I haven't really tried it).

You're right that it won't be parametric, but if I understand it, Inventor is parametric, so you could easily just flex it in inventor and re-export for each size potentially depending on what you're doing. I think that's as far as it goes for the moment.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit + Inventor

If your looking for highly detailed elements I would stick with Revit.

While Inventor does create some very high end detailed stuff taking it into Revit does require you to basically scale out, remove or dumb down the detail, if you take highly detailed objects into Revit you are going to get large family sizes many of which will easily exceed 1mb.

I think the technology behind it pretty much captures a .sat file with the connection points and some extra data on top of that.