Thread: Multiple Circuit Tags

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple Circuit Tags

I remember there was some discussion in the past regarding lights/fixtures with 2 different circuits and being able to tag both circuits. I might have missed this as a possible solution, but I came across a work around recently.

As you know if you use a light fixture or electrical fixture tag that displays the circuit and the deivce has 2 connectors you are unable to get both circuits to show up. However, a simple fix to this is instead of tagging the device you tag wires. Draw wires coming off of each connector that are as small as possible(if the wire is short enough a arrow head will not show up.) You can then hide that dot/short line of wire in the symbology of the family and you can tag it. This would work well for lighting that have emergency and normal power coming from 2 panels.

I am posting this because if anyone can think of reasons why this wouldn't work or why it would not be a good workflow I would like to hear it. Just because it works for 1 situation doesn't mean it would work for all.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple Circuit Tags

Has anyone come up with a better solution? With over 400 light fixtures with two connectors, this would take way too long!

Login to Give a bone

This solution works but it just plain sucks! The wires are a pain to work with and really dirty up the drawing. If only there were a way to set them to not print! but still have the wire tags print.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Will overriding the color of the wires to white have them not show up when printing? That's what I've done for other elements for which I only want to see the tag and not the element itself.

An option we're considering for emergency lighting is to simply create another family that has our emergency shading and an electrical connector. This way there are 2 objects to be circuited. They would just need to be placed in the same location. Maybe not the most elegant but perhaps more user friendly.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by swalker510995 View Post
    Has anyone come up with a better solution? With over 400 light fixtures with two connectors, this would take way too long!
    yeah, there is a perfect solution for this. We use Naviate addin and it can display both circuit numbers in one tag. I could not understand how Naviate is taking circuit number info in its shared parameters and assembling it. You can try their trial version and purchase if it works fine for you. Further reading
    Attached Files Attached Files