Thread: What is the difference Autocad Architectural versus Autocad Revit Structural suite?

Login to Give a bone

Default What is the difference Autocad Architectural versus Autocad Revit Structural suite?

I guess the title says it all. Is the Autocad in the structural suite different from Autocad Architectural?

I have been a 3ds max user for many years...and would like to work with Autocad and Max.

Where should I turn for more information on comparison of packages?

Thanks for any help

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What is the difference Autocad Architectural versus Autocad Revit Structural suite?

The AutoCAD that is packaged with RS Suite is plain-old AutoCAD. If you need Autocad Architectural you'll have to get that seperately, unless your local reseller has some sort of package deal.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What is the difference Autocad Architectural versus Autocad Revit Structural suite?

Quote Originally Posted by michael.228668 View Post
    I guess the title says it all. Is the Autocad in the structural suite different from Autocad Architectural?

I have been a 3ds max user for many years...and would like to work with Autocad and Max.

Where should I turn for more information on comparison of packages?

Thanks for any help
    Well you are comparing Revit Structural Suite(RSS) to AutoCAD Architectural(ACA) which are completely different tools depending on the work you are doing. Structural guys are rarely visual so there is definately less of a focus on visualization of their information when comparing them to an Architect. With RSS you get Revit Structural, Structural Detailing and plain AutoCAD. Revit Arch Suite (RAS) has Revit Architecture, AutoCAD Architecture, and plain AutoCAD. There is also a Visualization Suite which has Revit Architecture, 3ds Max Design, Navisworks Review, AutoCAD Architecture, and plain AutoCAD. So many choices and different prices. Best of luck!

Login to Give a bone

Thank you both for the replies. Sure appreciate that.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessCAD View Post
    Well you are comparing Revit Structural Suite(RSS) to AutoCAD Architectural(ACA) which are completely different tools depending on the work you are doing. Structural guys are rarely visual so there is definately less of a focus on visualization of their information when comparing them to an Architect. With RSS you get Revit Structural, Structural Detailing and plain AutoCAD. Revit Arch Suite (RAS) has Revit Architecture, AutoCAD Architecture, and plain AutoCAD. There is also a Visualization Suite which has Revit Architecture, 3ds Max Design, Navisworks Review, AutoCAD Architecture, and plain AutoCAD. So many choices and different prices. Best of luck!
    Yeah, I'm one of those structural guys.

I didn't realize (although it makes perfect sense) that there was a Revit Arch Suite, too.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Partin View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those structural guys.

I didn't realize (although it makes perfect sense) that there was a Revit Arch Suite, too.
    There is even a Revit MEP Suite (RMS) which contains, Revit MEP, and AutoCAD MEP. I have heard grumblings of a Media and Entertainment Suite which contains Max and some other programs (not sure which). All of the revit suites come off the top of my head easily because we have them all. Such joy!