Thread: Changing pipe slopes

Login to Give a bone

Default Changing pipe slopes

I have created a large sanitary sewer pipe network with about 120 pipes total. As I receive updated survey information and changes from the client, I need to change some of the pipe layouts from time to time. Changing them horizontally is no big deal because I can just drag the structures around and the pipes go with them. But I also need to change the slopes of many pipes in a sequence. For instance, pipes 50-85 might have been at a .5% slope to begin with, but now I want that series of pipes to be at a .4% slope. Is there a way to change the slope for multiple pipes and have the invert elevations at the structures adjust correspondingly? All I've been able to figure out is to adjust each pipe individually, which takes forever in such a large network.

Basically want I want to do is start with one pipe where I know what I want the invert elevation to be, and then adjust the slopes of all the pipes from that point on without changing the invert elevation at that beginning point.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Changing pipe slopes

I've seen this on the wish list before.

You have three options that I know of:

Select the pipe in profile, right click, select pipe properties (I think that's it) and change the slope.
    Select the pipe in profile, right click, select edit network and change the slope in the Panorama.
    Draw lines using the transparent commands then grip the pipes in profile view snapping to the lines you drew.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Changing pipe slopes

I've seen that on the wish lists also, I've also created a tool that helps fullfil that wish: http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/200...along-run.html