Thread: interior rendering of linked files

Login to Give a bone

Is it possible to produce an interior rendering of a file that is linked into a site plan? I have a site with 7 housing blocks linked in and I'd like to be able to render from inside a unit, looking out to the site beyond. I can see the interior light fixtures in the 3D view, but they don't come up as light sources when I try to render. Does this mean I can only render interior views from the source linked model?

AUGI Addict christopher.zoog51272's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: interior rendering of linked files

Quote Originally Posted by afris
    Is it possible to produce an interior rendering of a file that is linked into a site plan? I have a site with 7 housing blocks linked in and I'd like to be able to render from inside a unit, looking out to the site beyond. I can see the interior light fixtures in the 3D view, but they don't come up as light sources when I try to render. Does this mean I can only render interior views from the source linked model?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to render the interior in the source file, but there are a few ways you can do it and get the site in the background visible out the windows

1. You can link the site back into the source file, but be sure to use shared coordinates, so that it will be placed it the correct position and render away. But be careful if you use radiosity as the calculation would be huge. I would render the room by itself first using an alpha channel and a section box, then copy the camera end tun all the model objects off except the site imports then raytrace combine the two images in photoshop.

2. In the site model place your camera inside room you want to render, get it close but it doesn't have to be exact. Then turn off the house you’re in and render the view. Export that rendering. Go to the source model and render the room using the site render you just made as the background image, you should have the view you want outside the windows. For best results, render the site background image and the final image at the same exact size and resolution, that way, everything lines up.

I think the second option would be the way i would go.

Sounds simple right sorry if this is confusing, let me know if you need further explaining.

hth,

z.
    Chris
    SOM | New York

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: interior rendering of linked files

Thanks,
    I think I'll try option number 2 as it seems the simpler of the two. Or perhaps it's just that those directions seem within my ability.