Interesting that the 46 results from my AUGI search under Baluster did not get me an answer to these questions. Difficult to believe I am the only one wondering about this. Not a high priority since I am mostly indulging my curiosity.

First, what is the difference between Baluster, Baluster - Post and Baluster - Panel templates? Practically, I cannot find anything other than the convenience of having a few more reference planes with parameters prepared in advance. Can use them interchangeably with no problems.

Second, why is there a visibility parameter locked into the template called Post? Works exactly like any other visibility parameter I create myself. If I do not want something to display, why model it? Cannot think of any practical reason to lock it into a template.

Finally, why are all OOTB families done with voids at the Top and Bottom Cut Angle? Other than using it for a turned post where you have no choice, what is the point? If the extrusion is created from an elevation view for anything orthogonal, it is less stuff to manage and draw. Why add unnecessary complication and content?

Thanks in Advance