Thread: Weather Data from GBS in Ecotect

Login to Give a bone

Default Weather Data from GBS in Ecotect

Is there a way to export the weather data from the Green Building Studio web tools and use them in Ecotect? I am missing especially data from Europe / Germany. There are now so many location available for GBS (it seems even more than the Energy Plus weather database / http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildin...ather_data.cfm).

What other weather resources are out there to be readily converted to be used in Ecotect?

Thanks

Jens

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Weather Data from GBS in Ecotect

Hi Jens,

It is possible to save the weather data from GBS in csv format and convert it to a format useable in Ecotect. You need to open the csv file in the Weather Tool and map the applicable fields. The correct mapping is currently being documented and should be available soon.

Cheers,

Simon

Login to Give a bone

Energyplus epw weather files can be directly translated to wea format with the Weather Converter tool inside Energyyplus installation, which you can download for free.

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Weather Data from GBS in Ecotect

Quote Originally Posted by invos View Post
    Is there a way to export the weather data from the Green Building Studio web tools and use them in Ecotect? I am missing especially data from Europe / Germany. There are now so many location available for GBS (it seems even more than the Energy Plus weather database / http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildin...ather_data.cfm).

What other weather resources are out there to be readily converted to be used in Ecotect?

Thanks

Jens
    Hi, let me know if you want a document on how to re-map the fields for use in Ecotect.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much for the information so far.
    Simon: Where do I save the weather file from within the GBS interface as a csv file? I can not find it.
    Teresa: Yes I would love to have the document for remapping the fields of the csv file. Can you send it to me: jvoshage(at)kasian.com

Login to Give a bone

Ok, I found a way how to export the csv file. I have to go into a project run and there is the export link.
    As well I managed to import this file somehow (following this tutorial: http://squ1.org/wiki/WeatherTool/Tutorial_CSV).
    The imported data seems to make sense when comparing to the default weather files except these oddities in temperature, humidity and other data for the first weeks of the year (see attached screenshots).
    In this case I was comparing the default "Vancouver, BC, Canada" weather file and one exported from Green Building Studio from the "Surrey, BC, Canada" area (GBS_04R20_056178.csv).
    Does somebody have an explanation for these oddities?

Thanks

Jens
    Attached Images Attached Images