Thread: Subcategories for Structural Framing 'Filtering'

Login to Give a bone

Default Subcategories for Structural Framing 'Filtering'

I would like to see subcategories availible for structural framing when using the 'filter' tool. If you select a large area, or the entire floor plan you get the option to filter out certain categories that you may not want selected. Well I work with Precast and most of the items I create are classified as Structural Framing. There are no filter subcategories for the structural framing such as Double Tees, Hollowcore, L-Beams, IT-Beams, etc. Each main category should have subcategory filtering, even walls and columns for that matter. The subcategories can be the main 'types' headings (the main product, not the individual widths) that are under the different products, i.e. BEAMS- Double Tees, Hollowcore, L-Beams, etc.; WALLS- Generic, Precast, Curtain Walls. I know it would get too complicated filtering all the way down to the individual types under the main type categories (or Product categories), but that's not what I'm talking about here; I just need to be able to filter out the different types of products. This would be a tremendous help.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Subcategories for Structural Framing 'Filtering'

View filters will acheive this, I don't know if I'd want all that extra information in all my Object Styles, run these to view templates and everything would be fine.

Login to Give a bone

Yes using filter is the option , otherwise it could get too cluttered.
    Priit
    Structural Engineer

Login to Give a bone

View filters WOULD acheive this but that is not a convenient nor quick way to do what I am talking about; it would involve multiple steps. I would understand that answer from someone who may not work on ALL Precast projects as that option would work for them, but when dealing with all Precast on a project I DO NOT agree that 'veiw templates' is a great option, albeit it is an option. I have tried this method, it does work, but not with the efficency I would like. I understand that it would add info the the Object Styles, but it would be sub-catagorized under Structrual Framing. Hey, maybe the answer if for Revit to come out with a Precast version, or add-on for us Precast Manufactures as there are many other items that we need or need adjusted for our specific industry. One major one would be shop tickets!!!!