Thread: Keynote Legend

Login to Give a bone

Question Keynote Legend

I've figured how to use keynotes and how to create a legend for them and all that. But is there a way to make the keynote legend dependent on the view of the sheet you're placing it on?
    Right now the legend shows every keynote in the entire project and it would be nice if it could be narrowed down to each sheet. That way you wouldn't have to sift through as many to find what you're looking for. It also would save some room on our title blocks for general notes, etc...

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keynote Legend

That's easy.
    In the filter properties, check filter by sheet.

Login to Give a bone

I checked that box but it doesn't really seem to do what it says. It seems like it filters by view instead of sheet.

We have some enlarged plans that were duplicated as dependents and seperated by matchlines. When I place the keynote legend on the sheet of one of these large plans it still shows the notes for everything on that view instead of just the enlarged portion on that sheet. It seems to take everything in that particular plan into account instead of just what might be in that viewport for that sheet.

I feel like I'm splitting hairs here but Revit has been very keen on the termenology for everything but that seems to fall short when it say filter by SHEET.

Login to Give a bone

I can see why REVIT would do that... afterall, it is a dependent view. As far as Revit is concered, it is one view.

Login to Give a bone

You might try adding one or two text parameters In your keynote family for additional filtering options. ie Elevation # or Level #or most anything. Then fill the values of all the symbols with Same Value you want to show in the respective legend. Then set the filter in the legend to that parameter.

I could stop if I wanted to nsinha73's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

As far as I understand you are trying to show Separate Keynotes for Individual Viewsports but in one sheet?
    If so, then you need to filter them. Like 01-30 & 31-60 something like that.
    Submit a Screen shot and we will see whats to be done

Login to Give a bone

We have this problem as well and would like to know if there is a way out.

We have a parent view with a bunch of keynotes (Say 6 through 25). To use the matchline function, it is now split as two dependent views to be placed on two different sheets A & B. After cropping, Sheet A graphically shows only keynotes 6,15,23,20 and 25 . But the keynote legend on the sheet insists on listing everything from the parent view.

This is not consistent with our other sheets where if the keynote is listed in the legend, it is present on the sheet. Makes it very confusing. I don't believe this can be fixed with a filter command.

We've abandoned dependent views for now and just create copies. We fake matchlines but it isn't intelligent and is a coordination issue. Is there a solution to this?

Login to Give a bone

Errolowl.. I couldn't have said it better. This is exactly what I was looking for also.

With my limited Revit knowledge, I am hoping to find someone smarter than me who can help put my theory into a reality.

Is there a way to create a parameter within the keynote family that would extract the scope box name, in which the keynote is placed into? If so, we might be able to filter based on that value.

I am sure my feeble mind is overlooking something, but hey, it sounded good, right?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Oh no! I was planning on using dependent views too. Anyone know if this has been fixed? Also, why would the match line have to be faked? It seems to show up in all my views by default anyway.

Login to Give a bone

The matchline itself will show up, but the reference view objects that tell someone to "see sheet X.XX for continuation" function does not see across the dependent groupings. That reads funny, I know.

Basically, if you have two dependant groups, and you have a matchline on your floorplan that borders between the two groups, that sheet reference function is broken. The solution we found quickest, was again, to fake-it into looking like it was the same family... when in actuality, it is dummy text next to the symbol. SO, if our sheet numbering changes, we need to re-edit those pieces of text.

We experienced this where the floorplan has a vertical elevation change, but is still logically known as "the first floor". For example, our plan has a few stairs worth of elevation change, so we needed two different settings for the view ranges.

If you have a truely flat floorplan, you will probably be just fine with the matchlines, etc.