Thread: Redefine block with attribute

Login to Give a bone

Default Redefine block with attribute

Architecture 2010 - I have a drawing with 34 specific block types, and some of them have as many as 98 occurrences. I am using data extraction to create a table that shows how many of each block type I have. All was working fine. Then I needed to add an attribute to the blocks so I could define where in a grid they are located. For example I have block name "A" located at B2, B3, B4, etc in a grid. When I re-created the block with an attribute, it asked if I wanted to re-define the block and told me how many instances of it there are. I clicked yes. Now I have one block named “A” that has a visible attribute, and when I double click on it I get the edit attribute dialog box. That is exactly what I want. The problem is that the other 98 instances of block “A” do not show an attribute. When I double click on them, the block editor opens. Within the block editor, the attribute is there and I can adjust its values, but for some reason it will not show up when I exit the block editor, and I cannot double click on the block to edit the attribute. My goal is to simply be able to double click on the 400 or so blocks I have in the drawing and enter an attribute identifying where in the grid they are located. Ideas?...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Redefine block with attribute

I figured it out from an old post with the same issue. I used the Express command ATTSYNC

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Redefine block with attribute

Just for those who are going to do this: Renaming an attribute's tag name is dangerous when using ATTSYNC. You'll loose any data filled into attribute insertions as atsync "thinks" the attribute has been deleted & a new one created.

If you want to rename an attribute use BATTMAN instead.