Thread: duct size above 1000

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool duct size above 1000

Has anyone noticed in 2010 you Revit [won't] let you draw duct above 1000 mm?

now before you shout out "mechanical settings!" the setting is fixed to support larger ducts.

From the properties ribbon I can't seem to enter any duct size above 4 digits... and when I slide it to 1000< it want select it....

This is for both existing duct, or newly drawn duct... Revit want let me draw a duct size above anything with 4 digits.

The only way to draw a duct above 1000< is to manually select each duct and change in instance properties. I've tested this out on tees/taps, new project, old, no avail... am I missing an update or something to fix this?
    Last edited by RobertB; 2009-11-16 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Changes "want" to "won't"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: duct size above 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Beancud View Post
    Has anyone noticed in 2010 you Revit want let you draw duct above 1000 mm?

now before you shout out "mechanical settings!" the setting is fixed to support larger ducts.

From the properties ribbon I can't seem to enter any duct size above 4 digits... and when I slide it to 1000< it want select it....

This is for both existing duct, or newly drawn duct... Revit want let me draw a duct size above anything with 4 digits.

The only way to draw a duct above 1000< is to manually select each duct and change in instance properties. I've tested this out on tees/taps, new project, old, no avail... am I missing an update or something to fix this?
    The drop down menu on my MEP2010 allows for ducts up to 2400 wide and 2400 deep! If I wanted a larger duct I'd just need to type the dimensions in the box.......I guess....

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Post Re: duct size above 1000

Quote Originally Posted by michael.crowhurst View Post
    The drop down menu on my MEP2010 allows for ducts up to 2400 wide and 2400 deep! If I wanted a larger duct I'd just need to type the dimensions in the box.......I guess....
    hmmm thats the thing, I can see all the sizes 2400< on drop down menu, but it want let me select it, nor could I punch a 4 digit number. 999 is the largest I can do.....

I've tested this out on fresh new project with default autodesk template but still can't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: duct size above 1000

I don't have metric installed, but I would guess that the problem is simply that your project isn't set to use those sizes.

Go to (in 2010) Manage tab - MEP Settings - Mechanical Settings - Duct Settings - Round/Rect

and add the sizes you need...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: duct size above 1000

Quote Originally Posted by jlondenberg View Post
    I don't have metric installed, but I would guess that the problem is simply that your project isn't set to use those sizes.

Go to (in 2010) Manage tab - MEP Settings - Mechanical Settings - Duct Settings - Round/Rect

and add the sizes you need...
    Hi jlondenberg - yes that is enabled to support larger ducts: