Thread: Room Finish Schedule

I could stop if I wanted to Andy.88917's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Room Finish Schedule

I have my room finsh schedule just about where I want it finally. I am running it by a number of builders to get feedback on the information. One builder said it would help a lot if I could total the footges of each floor covering. I think that's a great idea, now how can I add to the floor covering material title the ability to total the footages for each covering. For instance the titles may read "C.TILE (1,200 SQ. FT.)" and "CPT (1,321 SQ. FT.)". Attached is my schedule so you can see what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Room Finish Schedule

In my opinion, you have already provided more information than necessary. That said (and it is not really relevant to your question), ACA schedules do not do subtotals. The only way I know of to get a subtotal for each material area would be to have a separate schedule for each finish material and then add a total at the bottom of the area column. If you are handy with heavy duty customization (VBA or .NET), it might be possible to generate the subtotal areas and then somehow push that information into a schedule table, but that is beyond my talents.

I could stop if I wanted to Andy.88917's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Way beyond me at this point too...anyone want to help me do that?

In referece to your comment about too much info, the way I see it, if I can automate it, it doesn't take more time for me and I can include some sort of note explaining how the info is produced (in case of special circumstances that make the info off a little) then why not?

The more info requested by my builders that I can provide, the happier they are with my product, which is the goal. That's the reason I want to look into doing this.

Login to Give a bone

I suppose it depends upon the contractual arrangements. Most (if not all) of my firm's work is for the Owner, and quantity takeoffs are the responsibility of the bidding contractors. Maintaining accurate Spaces over the course of multiple changes would involve additional work and unless we were being compenstated for the effort, I doubt we would want to take on the added liability. But if you are working for the builders, so long as they understand how the areas were generated, I could see them appreciating the additional data.