Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalogs Tool Pallete i-Drop?!

Login to Give a bone

Default Catalogs Tool Pallete i-Drop?!

I think I figured out the Network Tool Pallete push. Goal, get a tool pallete standardized that say, 15 people can use. When an issue comes up with one of the blocks used in the tool pallete how do I make the change so everybody get's it with no effort on their part to get the change.
    Tool Catalogs appears to be the answer. A Tool Catalog in the Content Browser of autocad set up by the cad manager then published to the network.

It worked great on three machines two weeks ago. Yesterday I tried to set up another workstation and all of a sudden the i-drop in the Content Browser for transfering tool palletes does not work. I can however open the tool pallete in the Content Browser and select all and use the i-drop to copy the content to the workstation tool pallete.

Any ideas why this is not working? Seems like some system variable or something is not working...or something in the Catalog is blocking the transfer of the tool pallete? I've looked at the properties of the tool pallete in the Content Browser...nothing seems wrong?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Catalogs Tool Pallete i-Drop?!

You probably have recently installed a 2010 version of Autodesk's software. This will affect older versions of AutoCAD. See this thread.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We had a similar issue where some users had older versions of tool palettes and any attempt to refresh from the network failed. After many attempts to rectify this, I think I have the answer (jinx).

First I made sure that I am the only one that can update the tool palettes (obvious).

Second, I made sure that I delete the tool palette location on each users C: Drive. They can only have access to the network location (there is still an issue with Project navigator setting up a tool palette location on each users C: drive, but no big deal).

Third, verify that the folder location of the workspace catalog (\\server\aca2009\Support) is located under the Options>Files>Support File Search Path (and placed at the top).

The last two seemed to help. I was finding that as I updated tool palettes on the server (not just tools but tool palettes) that I was losing the link between users and the network location for the tool palettes (the atc file with all of the numbers). When this happened, the users' tool palettes would copy the last known set of tools to their C: drive for it's location. No matter how many times I tried to i-drop tools into the users' tool palettes, they would revert to the C: drive. When I erased this and started from scratch, the updated palettes came in fine. Hopefully this helps you out. If all else fails, contact your reseller (good luck with their help).

Login to Give a bone

We have recently got all our guys up on Autocad 2010 and the iDrop works great. I'm able to bring over the entire group from my Catalog. It takes about 5 minutes to set up a workstation.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jetman View Post
    We have recently got all our guys up on Autocad 2010 and the iDrop works great. I'm able to bring over the entire group from my Catalog. It takes about 5 minutes to set up a workstation.
    The issue isn't if iDrop works for 2010. The issue is if you have side-by-side installs with older versions of AutoCAD. If so, the older versions iDrop no longer works, unless you switch the DLL in the registry.
    R. Robert Bell
    Stantec

Login to Give a bone

I have a similar issue but it's a side by side install w/ ACA2010 & revit architecture2010. (Revit Architecture Suite) I am using tool palettes (.arx files) from aca2008.

so can I just re-create the tool patettes in 2010 or do I need to do the fix shown in Roberts thread? I just don't know how great thats going to go over with our IT manager.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by revitrookie View Post
    I have a similar issue but it's a side by side install w/ ACA2010 & revit architecture2010. (Revit Architecture Suite) I am using tool palettes (.arx files) from aca2008.

so can I just re-create the tool patettes in 2010 or do I need to do the fix shown in Roberts thread? I just don't know how great thats going to go over with our IT manager.
    As long as you never need to update the palettes in 2008, there is no need to worry about the DLL. However, the moment you attempt to refresh or update a 2008 palette, regardless of which catalog you are using, you will run into the issue.

So the only fix at the moment is the one I have written about.
    R. Robert Bell
    Stantec

Login to Give a bone

I did not find that file in the Registry, any other suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aubry27 View Post
    Did you search for "AcInetEngineps18.dll"? That is the 2010 version of the DLL file.
    R. Robert Bell
    Stantec

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aubry27 View Post
    If you go into the control panel and do an add/remove for the product you can run a repair installation and it should fix the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast