Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revit - Screen "Jump"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Revit - Screen "Jump"

We have an issue here with Revit Structure 2010 (we have no problems with 2009.)

When we click on a beam, or a line, or a family, basically anything within the project, the screen seems to “refresh” or “jump” making working in 2010 impossible……

This problem is not project related, I am able to open this file fine on my machine. The user having the problem experiences this in both the project environment and family environment, 2D and 3D views….

I have checked that the “Use Hardware Acceleration (Direct3D) is not ticked, tried to restart Revit, tried to restart the machine, even done a complete uninstall and reinstall of Revit on the machine…. Still no joy.

I suspect this is hardware related, maybe the graphics card on the machine.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Any suggestions other than a hardware related issue….?

I have attached a short video clip showing the problems we are seeing...

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit - Screen "Jump"

I am guessing that is sped up a bit?
    Yes I have been working with 2010 now for about 1 month and I get the same problem however its not with just beams or columns, pretty much any element when clicked on (even 2d drafting lines) the machine has to think for 1 or 2 seconds causing a bit of lag, the screen doesnt really zoom in/out like that but there is a delay and a then a quick refresh. No Idea why, no idea how to resolve it...if you work it out please post so I can apply the same fix to mine.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by karalon10 View Post
    I am guessing that is sped up a bit?
    Yes I have been working with 2010 now for about 1 month and I get the same problem however its not with just beams or columns, pretty much any element when clicked on (even 2d drafting lines) the machine has to think for 1 or 2 seconds causing a bit of lag, the screen doesnt really zoom in/out like that but there is a delay and a then a quick refresh. No Idea why, no idea how to resolve it...if you work it out please post so I can apply the same fix to mine.
    Nope, doesn't look sped up at all. Several people have been experiencing this issue for awhile. I do believe it is graphics-related, and some people actually experience objects moving when selected because of this issue. Factory's response is to just keep Press & Drag turned off, which is of course only a workaround, and they told me they're working on it. None of the 2010 service packs have fixed the issue, though.

In my case, it will tend to happen just once when I open a file (first object I select), and then is fine after that. I can hit Undo and the object will move back to where it was, and then the program is fine until I close and open the file again. Also, in my case, it seems to happen mainly on upgraded projects. Projects created from scratch in 2010 do not seem to have this issue.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, this has been an issue since release. If you redock your Project Browser ( I didn't see it in the video) and exit Revit, the next time you open Revit you should be able to undock the Browser again and it should 'lock' the options bar in place. I had this issue early on with 2010, but since I did this once, I haven't had to do it again.

Login to Give a bone

Take a look at this post and the comments. You might find a solution.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Revit - Screen "Jump"

Thanks for the replies.

The video attached wasn't sped up at all, that is exactly what was happening....

The strange thing is this morning we have turned on the machine that had the problem, and surprise surprise..... Everything is working perfect...?

Very strange.....

Thanks again for the replies.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Revit - Screen "Jump"

So..... Yesterday everything worked fine.

Today everything worked fine, then suddenly out of nowhere, the problem started to happen again...

We have tried everything noted above..

The strange thing is (what I didn't notice last time) any element we click, the element actually moves. (refer to attached video)

Has anyone experienced this before?

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Autodesk's response to this issue.

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. This issue is already logged with our development team and they are working on this issue. I have added your request to existing request. As per the inputs received so far it looks like this would require a code fix to resolve this issue, but I haven’t yet received any specific release date for when this issue will be addressed.

Regards

Login to Give a bone

We had this issue with several users, and found that it only occurred when Revit wasn't 'maximised' on the screen, but was a floating window 'almost' full screen.

Once Revit was Maximised (to truly fill the screen) the problem went away!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.jowett View Post
    Autodesk's response to this issue.

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. This issue is already logged with our development team and they are working on this issue. I have added your request to existing request. As per the inputs received so far it looks like this would require a code fix to resolve this issue, but I haven’t yet received any specific release date for when this issue will be addressed.

Regards
    Autodesk's response to me was to keep Press & Drag unchecked, and then elements won't actually move.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast