Thread: Wall Type Families

Login to Give a bone

Default Wall Type Families

I'm trying to create a catalog of wall assembly types from scratch. I am creating a family for each wall assembly. Is there any way to modfy/create/delete/or reorganize the Type Parameters defined to each wall type? The process I have used so far:

1-I have modeled a wall assembly.
    2-Go to Settings/Project Parameters to add/remove/modify the parameters available to the wall

I see how I can add parameters and make them either "type" or "instance" and assign them a Group parameter. But there are a few parameters that seem "standard" that I can not remove or modify. Is it possible to remove or modify them if need be?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall Type Families

Quote Originally Posted by pszczelina View Post
    I'm trying to create a catalog of wall assembly types from scratch. I am creating a family for each wall assembly. Is there any way to modfy/create/delete/or reorganize the Type Parameters defined to each wall type? The process I have used so far:

1-I have modeled a wall assembly.
    2-Go to Settings/Project Parameters to add/remove/modify the parameters available to the wall

I see how I can add parameters and make them either "type" or "instance" and assign them a Group parameter. But there are a few parameters that seem "standard" that I can not remove or modify. Is it possible to remove or modify them if need be?
    Walls are not your typical family. They are not editable in the family editor like most other families. As you have noticed, the parameters that exist in the walls are not editable. These are the standard parameters for every wall. This is concept Autodesk implemented for all of it's family templates. The templates are pre-loaded with parameters that you are not able to modify. For this reason, most people start with a 'Generic Family', then change it into the correct category. When you change your generic family to the correct category, it will load in the parameters for that type, unless you have them already defined.

So, the short answer to your question, is no you are not able to remove or modify the pre existing parameters for walls.

Jeff S.