Thread: return / exhaust grilles

Login to Give a bone

Default return / exhaust grilles

Hi all
    I am new to the whole autocad mep process. I have work with standard autocad for quite some time...this is a bit of a change. What i was wondering is there a return and or exhaust grille that has a round connection. All I can find in the rectangular connection type. I was looking through the help section and I tried the content builder with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: return / exhaust grilles

Quote Originally Posted by dhagenbuch View Post
    Hi all
    I am new to the whole autocad mep process. I have work with standard autocad for quite some time...this is a bit of a change. What i was wondering is there a return and or exhaust grille that has a round connection. All I can find in the rectangular connection type. I was looking through the help section and I tried the content builder with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Yeah it's there.... in the stock catalog where I've highlighted it at.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks. I have seen this, but the question is can these be part of the return / exhaust system or are they just for supply. The reason I am asking because after its places in the drawing it shown with an X when that's typical of a supply nomenclature. The return should have only on slash. Thanks again!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dhagenbuch View Post
    Thanks. I have seen this, but the question is can these be part of the return / exhaust system or are they just for supply. The reason I am asking because after its places in the drawing it shown with an X when that's typical of a supply nomenclature. The return should have only on slash. Thanks again!
    Ahhhh I guess I should have read your entire post. The best thing to do is to go to the catalog, copy the file which houses the blocks and use the Content Builder to add the grilles as exhaust and return grilles. The only thing you would need to do is edit the block (Top View and/or the Symbol 2D block, IIRC) to represent the symbol that you need which is return and exhaust. If this doesn't make sense let me know and when I get a free moment I'll show you how this is done....

Login to Give a bone

if you don't mind when you get a chance you you please elaborate a bit. Thanks for all the help.