Thread: Shortcut Keys (Sort Of)

Login to Give a bone

Question Shortcut Keys (Sort Of)

I have had my own drafting/design/consulting firm for a few years now. I have finally made the jump to 2010 (albeit the LT version). I figure if I am going to have to deal with a learning curve getting used to the version(s) newer than 2004, I might as well go ahead and deal with my workstation issues now as well. So... I am custom building a work station specifically for me. Part of this work station is to be a couple of gaming mice to make input more efficient. I'm leaning toward a Razor Naga paired with a Belkin N53te. This leads me (finally) to my question. The Razor Naga has a 12 button thumb grid that is NOT programmable, but instead these buttons correspond to the 1 thru 0 keys and the - = keys. Can commands in AutoCAD 2010 (such as Zoom, Window, etc.) be set (say through aliases) to work with the keys mentioned above? I am fairly new not only to AutoCAD 2010, but to customization of AutoCAD in general, so please excuse my ignorance. Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shortcut Keys (Sort Of)

I wouldn't think so, unless those "keypress" events are claiming to come from the number pad rather that the top keyboard row. (I doubt it since you mention the = key which is not on the number pad.)
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct, I'll post the results when I get the unit in.

Login to Give a bone

Wingard_E,
    Wow, thanks for posting your question here... Thanks to you I went out, only 30mins after I read your post, reading reviews and watching videos of it's capabilities, and bought the Belkin n52te to replace my customizable 20key. I've had the 20key for about 2 years and it's worked well, but that's now going to be a hand-me-down for one of my co-workers once I get 100% control of the n52te. woo-whoo! this thing is awesome, best part is that I'm onsite working next to a Fry's Electronics store out here in California so I was able to take a quick break to run over and grab one off of the shelf.

Again, thanks for the post... I'm sure to enjoy working with my new "TOY".

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Shortcut Keys (Sort Of)

My wife just bought the Naga for me this weekend. Gotta love her.

Just a bit of advice. Download the new 2.03 drivers from Razer.
    The version 1.0 drivers are useless.

The 2.03 drivers allow you to to completely remap all the buttons, and also assign
    macros to each button.

After about 15 minutes of setting up the macros, this mouse is a miracle for me running 2011 Autocad.