Thread: Is there any way to create scaffolding in revit?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is there any way to create scaffolding in revit?

heloo, is there any way to create any kind of scaffolding in revit and what revit shall i use?
    any family? thnx

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Is there any way to create scaffolding in revit?

Quote Originally Posted by firas007noori View Post
    heloo, is there any way to create any kind of scaffolding in revit and what revit shall i use?
    any family? thnx
    Yes, you could model scaffolding in Revit. What are you looking to do with the model??? If you're trying to use it for what I think you're trying to use if for, Revit Structure is probably your best bet. I personally do not use RS, so you might need to talk to a reseller to see what will work best for your.

You should be a little more descriptive with your posts. Otherwise most people will not reply.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff S.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there any way to create scaffolding in revit?

If you're going to render the scaffold, then I'm sure you could use anything. But, why someone would render scaffold is beyond me. Unless your project would be in danger of not being feasible, if the scaffolding is an eye sore.

Sorry to much caffeine this morning. Brain is running a little to fast for my own good.

Jeff S.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
    If you're going to render the scaffold, then I'm sure you could use anything. But, why someone would render scaffold is beyond me. Unless your project would be in danger of not being feasible, if the scaffolding is an eye sore.

Sorry to much caffeine this morning. Brain is running a little to fast for my own good.

Jeff S.
    thnx Jeff S. , I do need to create a scaffolding around the buildings, and it is a hard thing to do if u want to use cad or max to d full 2d and 3d design for it, so i found revit able to create that as a "family" just like the curtain wall able to add whatever detail inside it,
    i thought i can do the same in the overall structure of the scaffolding coz as u know u might add staris, railing, net , .... depend on the design requirements , yet i dont know what software to use revit structure or architecture ? is really exist or i need to define it in the family editor ? thnx again .

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Revit architecture comes with some scaffolding families, they're in the imperial library/site/logistics

It doesn't matter if you get architecture or structure for this, I'd probably go with architecture though

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david.kingham View Post
    Revit architecture comes with some scaffolding families, they're in the imperial library/site/logistics

It doesn't matter if you get architecture or structure for this, I'd probably go with architecture though
    thank you

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Is there any way to create scaffolding in revit?

Quote Originally Posted by firas007noori View Post
    thnx Jeff S. , I do need to create a scaffolding around the buildings, and it is a hard thing to do if u want to use cad or max to d full 2d and 3d design for it, so i found revit able to create that as a "family" just like the curtain wall able to add whatever detail inside it,
    i thought i can do the same in the overall structure of the scaffolding coz as u know u might add staris, railing, net , .... depend on the design requirements , yet i dont know what software to use revit structure or architecture ? is really exist or i need to define it in the family editor ? thnx again .
    Are you the A/E? Or, are you the scaffold contractor? I'm not to familiar with curtain walls, so hopefully more people will chime in now with their ideas. I originally thought you were looking at the structural bearing of the scaffolding and it's relationship/loading to the structure of the building. I could probably whip up a scaffold family for you in about 30 minutes...

Jeff S.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
    Are you the A/E? Or, are you the scaffold contractor? I'm not to familiar with curtain walls, so hopefully more people will chime in now with their ideas. I originally thought you were looking at the structural bearing of the scaffolding and it's relationship/loading to the structure of the building. I could probably whip up a scaffold family for you in about 30 minutes...

Jeff S.
    I m an architect and i really appreciate ur help .I used the curtain walls just as an example of designing a complex scaffold that u r able to add the stairs and other parts as a parametric units and able to follow the building permiter directly without running thoough design each part of it specratly and spending alot of time tryin to collect those parts to get the overall scaffold.
    I do believe that there is a software called I-scaff is depending on polyline drawn around the building are able to create a full detailed parametric scaf in seconds, but I think it is too expensive to buy a new software again

Login to Give a bone

Many thanks jsteinhauer, I am intending to create an automatic scaffolding system that can wrap any building and gives u directly the number of each unit used to envelope that building. I guess it can be done via a special linear family Revit, that imitate the work of line or walls, handrail family , by the way i think can be a good start.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Here is a demonstration of scaffolding families on Revit (BIM).

There is a possibility to automate the design with dynamo and to extract quantities with a schedule inside revit.

Enjoy !