Thread: How to move reference planes, grid bubbles, etc in elevation view?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to move reference planes, grid bubbles, etc in elevation view?

I have around 50 interior elevations that will be on around 12 sheets. I've setup a view template and applied it to all of them and that works great. The problem is that the grid bubbles, sections, reference planes and level datum symbols extend too far beyond the view's crop line.

I see that there is annotation crop but that doesn't affect these three components. Is there a third crop that I'm missing or maybe somewhere in the view templates that controls how far beyond the crop these get extended? Better yet is there some way to set these up for one view and then apply that to all my views (like a template)?

Thanks for your help.

(I know I can adjust these in each view but when you have so many views it would take forever. Not to mention their positions wouldn't be uniform.)

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to move reference planes, grid bubbles, etc in elevation view?

A scope box could give you the control you want perhaps, if only temporarily to adjust all of them together. However, if you've adjust the annotation position at all Revit will honor this override instead of allowing the Scope Box to change them. It will only affect the crop boundary. If the sections and grids are exactly where they were by default when you placed them then the Scope Box might help a little. Fundamentally each section is individual and the view specific behavior is suppose to provide very granular control...at the expense of global behavior.