ACA 2009 Project Navigator

So I have posted before about some users having sluggish performance issues when opening files through the Project Navigator. After watching how things are done on these users computers and seeing what happens when files are opened on my machine, I have come to the conclusion that our main performance issues are generally in two areas.

1. I notice that Views and Sheets are the culprits when it comes to opening slowly (Views are bad, Sheets are worse). I have also noticed that PN is opening support files in the background (such as temp and ac$ files). I know this is normal, but if a sheet has many model space views coming from multiple view files, the sheet takes forever to open (longer than 3 minutes on some machines).

2. This also led me to believe that using model space views is also the problem. While I love using them because of their mobility on sheets and linking callout information, they are slowing our systems down immensely. I found these speed bumps occur whether or not the model space views are all lumped together in one view file or come from multiple view files (although try and open a view file with three dozen model space view details in it).

My question is how do I stop ACA from trying to open the temp and ac$ files in the background and is there a way to speed up the opening of view and sheet files with multiple model space views?