On plumbing drawings, the pipes in the floor are shown on the floor plan of the level above the floor, so we want to set our view range to have a bottom that is below the finished floor, right? The problem is when the architect has columns or walls on the floor below that extend in the model all the way up to the next level, moving our view range down makes these elements visible. How are other people getting around this? Is there some way to control the view range of the link independently of the view range of our MEP model? I've come up with a few ideas but I want to know if someone else has found something better.

1) We could keep the architect's views in the link and use it as a linked view in ours under v/g -->revit links --> custom (cumbersome to rely on visibility settings in 2 seperate models)
2) We could set the view depth below the finished floor and leave the primary range bottom at 0, that will set anything between the view depth and the finished floor to the <beyond> line style, which can be overridden in view to be a different color, then individually go though and hide anything of that color in view by element. (tedious)

I'm still looking for a better solution. Since the floor itself is 12", if I could get my plans to just show the floor and not what is inside them (tops of walls, etc), that could be the solution as well. Any suggestions?