Thread: Sheet List Table

Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet List Table

I am working in AutoCad 2010 and I can't seem to figure out how to keep the sheet list table to remember the fields that I want to show up. When I go to insert the sheet list table from my project I get only 2 fields to show up but we need 4 to show up. I don't want to always add the 2 extra columns each time. It was setup before I started for my company back in release 2007 and the person who set it up doesn't work here anymore.

Does anyone have a way to keep our 4 columns in the .dst file or is that saved in the .dwt file?

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet List Table

When you insert the sheet list, it uses the TABLE style that you specify. That is where you have to set up all the parameters that you want it to display. If you have one already set up you can use it as the basis for a new TABLE Style.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks but I can't seem to keep the fields columns when I make a new sheet list index. It reverts back to 2 columns rather then the 4 I need for all of our projects.

Login to Give a bone

You can create a Drawing Template that has already the Sheet List Table so that when you create a new sheet, you can just browse to the location of where you place that template.
    Also i would suggest, to also include the fields information of your titleblock in that template so that it will relate to your DST file and then just xref the titleblock.

Login to Give a bone

Hmm, I see what you are saying Steve and I can't find the answer either. Here is what I would do (seriously). Email Heidi Hewett at Autodesk - heidi.hewett@autodesk.com If anyone knows, it would be her. I've had great success asking her for help with the SSM. When she gives you the answer, let us know.

Login to Give a bone

The procedure worked, i tired it already, what i did was create a Drawings Template that has already a sheet list table (in this case 4 columns) on it.

Login to Give a bone

Just curious what you are putting in your drawing index other than sheet number and name.

Login to Give a bone

I added a revision date columns which is one of the Sheet Custom Properties of my DST File.
    Forget about creating a Template that i said it didn't worked.
    What i did was i create a drawing sheet which is called an Index of Drawings sheet where my customize Sheet List Table is created. They are save in the same location (DST file and the Index of Drawings Sheet).
    When i have a new project i just copied both files, and placed it on my current project folder.
    Sorry for the confusion... that was the idea i had before to have it as a template and it didn't worked (lol).. so that is why i end up of creating a Drawing sheet that has already a Sheet List Table and a DST file, and i used both file now as my template for new project instead of using the Wizard.

Login to Give a bone

I realize this is an old post but was searching for a solution to the same issue and came across this post. This is what I've figured out so far: When you right click on your sheet set title to insert the sheet list table a dialog box opens up. In the dialog box select the table data tab and there you can create more columns than the default 2 columns (see image). Name them whatever you want and put them in the sequence you prefer. I've tested this on new sheet sets and it still brings in the additional columns I created. I'm working in AutoCAD 2012 so not sure if this works in older versions. On a side note I would really like to see AutoCAD offer an option for sizing the columns. I still have to manually resize the columns to my preference every time I insert a sheet set table. I came up with a workaround (until a better solution is found) by putting guidelines in on defpoints layer and use the table grips to resize the columns to my guidelines. I would also like to have the option to justify per column. For instance, in the first column I prefer middle center justification for the sheet number and middle left justification for the remaining 3 columns.Capture.PNG

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cherylr607209 View Post
    I realize this is an old post but was searching for a solution to the same issue and came across this post. This is what I've figured out so far: When you right click on your sheet set title to insert the sheet list table a dialog box opens up. In the dialog box select the table data tab and there you can create more columns than the default 2 columns (see image). Name them whatever you want and put them in the sequence you prefer. I've tested this on new sheet sets and it still brings in the additional columns I created. I'm working in AutoCAD 2012 so not sure if this works in older versions. On a side note I would really like to see AutoCAD offer an option for sizing the columns. I still have to manually resize the columns to my preference every time I insert a sheet set table. I came up with a workaround (until a better solution is found) by putting guidelines in on defpoints layer and use the table grips to resize the columns to my guidelines. I would also like to have the option to justify per column. For instance, in the first column I prefer middle center justification for the sheet number and middle left justification for the remaining 3 columns.Capture.PNG
    if I am not mistaken the OP was wanting to know how they could get the additional columns they added to the original two to stay with the sheet list table when they go to the next project. We have the same problem where with each sheet list table we add we have to add an additional column for the "sheet ID". How did you get the columns you added to stay with there for the next project, or the next sheet set you did?