Thread: Duct Branch and Takeoff

Login to Give a bone

Default Duct Branch and Takeoff

I'm having trouble with two takeoffs. The first is with the round duct bellmouth takeoff. On a duct main running east/west and the takeoff is going N/S it displays correctly. However, when the duct main is running N/S and the takeoff is going E/W the duct main breaks, even though none of the settings have changed. I'm using 8" round duct for all of th takeoffs as well. The second issue is with the round duct takeoff. I want to extend the distance of the takeoff from the main by several inches. There is a property called 2D Distance LenA1 that is set to 1". I would like to know if there is a way to change that distance. I attached a screenshot to display what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duct Branch and Takeoff

The problem of the main duct being cut happens on other fittings too, I've asked Autodesk about this and they are "fixing it"

The way to extend that distance would be to edit the duct fitting and changing the constant value under the equations area.

Click Menu > CAD Mananger > Content Editing > Content Builder, select "Duct" from the pulldown, expand for Round > Takeoffs, then select "Round Duct Takeoff US Imperial", then click on "Modify Part Size" (at the right).

Then right-click on "Size Parameters" (at the left), select "Edit Values", then change the value for LenA1 to 6" (or whatever you want). Save the part, close it.

-Buzz