Thread: Annotation Title Referencing

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Annotation Title Referencing

Hey,

I'm having an issue with details referencing plans in my sections. I have a section mark shown in two seperate plans 'A201' and 'C100'. When I'm adding the section to a 'Sections and Details' sheet I want to Section Title Annotation to reference the architectural plan 'A201'. For some reason some of them reference the architectural plan and for some reason some of them reference the structural plan 'C100'. Does anybody know why it would do this. I did cut the sections in the architectural plans and just kept them visible in the foundation plan. Is there anyway to change this? It will not allow me to do so in the element properties. I've attatched a PDF of the 'Sections and Details' Sheet showing the title of two sections that were cut the same view.

Thanks everybody.

Kyle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotation Title Referencing

It all has to do with from where the detail views are taken from. When you place a section or detail callout tag (or many of the other tags) you can specify if you want Revit to create a new view or reference another view. You can only place each view on one sheet, but after selecting the create new section or callout, on the info bar there is a drop down box listing other available views. Select the view you want it to associate with before clicking on the drawing. It will populate the information in the tag to reference to the existing view.

Login to Give a bone

I know I can use the 'Refer to view' option, I guess I'm also wondering how revit determins which view it will reference? I found it a little puzzling when I cut the section in the Architectural plans and it referenced the structural plan.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

It also has to do with a parameter in the section, "Don't show at scale courser than ...." If your A201, and C100 are different scales, start there. If they are different, and you set the minimum scale for the section to show up, then they should stop referencing the C100 sheet.