See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: my starter questions

Login to Give a bone

Default my starter questions

hi all !

i am accustomed to Autocad and Revit, but i'm new to Autocad Architecture, and i would have a few basic questions to ask.

i will use this thread when further simple questions will occur. thanks in advance!

so here we go:

1. how can i work in one construct while being able to see (and snap to) another construct file?

2. i just added a curtain wall and although it appears in 3d views, in the plan view is not visible or selectable. why is this and what could i do about it?
    EDIT: i managed to select the curtain wall in plan by using a double viewport, and i turned on all the items in Display tab > General > Display Comonent, but still, it's not visible in plan view...

3. is is possible to generate all dimensions needed in a floor plan, in some kind of automated way, with one/a few clicks?
    Last edited by zoster_andrei; 2010-02-10 at 04:45 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: my starter questions

1. how can i work in one construct while being able to see (and snap to) another construct file? thanks!
    Drag and drop the construct from the navigator to xref it in. If it is on another level you may need to manually change the z value to 0 so it is visible or if it is wall baselines you need to refer to you can toggle your wall graph display and all that will be visible is the wall baseline.

2. i just added a curtain wall an although it appears in 3d vies, in the plan view is not visible or selectable. why is this and what could i do about it? It could be several things: Display rep that is current, style has a nested layer that is off, mapped to a material which could be off, cut plane is not cutting through object.

3. is is possible to generate all dimensions needed in a floor plan, in some kind of automated way, with one/a few clicks? take a look at AEC dimensions, probably the closest thing you'll find to what you want

Login to Give a bone

thanks a lot for the help

Login to Give a bone

4.where can i find elements? do some come with the program (i saw in the getting started project there are 2 bathroom elements, any others?). is there a known site that provides such elements?
    thanks again!

Login to Give a bone

Look at the content browser and design center and see if that is what you're looking for.