See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Painting walls in Revit?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Painting walls in Revit?

Hello,

Can someone help us? We are trying to paint walls in Revit. These are the steps that we did, but for some reason the material is not showing up, although when mouse over the wall it does say it's painted.

Steps:
    Selected Wall, Modify (tab), select "paint", moved mouse to edge of wall and clicked.

But paint does not show up on the walls, it just remains white.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Painting walls in Revit?

Hello and welcome to AUGI. Congrats on your first post. You will find the members here are very knowledgeable and very helpful, but in order to get that help you must post to the appropriate area. Good luck in your search!

Attention Moderator - please move this to the appropriate thread. Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

when I hover over the wall, it says it is painted with the appropriate color, but in realistic colors, the walls still apear grey. dark grey because they are existing walls.
    there are extrusions in the model representing walls too, and they have displayed the proper color. can someone help me?
    thanks in advance
    bob

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rrbryce362017 View Post
    when I hover over the wall, it says it is painted with the appropriate color, but in realistic colors, the walls still apear grey. dark grey because they are existing walls.
    there are extrusions in the model representing walls too, and they have displayed the proper color. can someone help me?
    thanks in advance
    bob
    Had the same problem, and your post solved it for me.

Are all the wall you trying to paint in the existing phase. Try moving them into new construction phase.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for this post... I was able to figure it out when you said "because they are existing walls." I knew the walls that were showing grey for me were all existing also, but it just didn't click until then.

You don't need to move the existing walls to "New Construction" phase to get them to show correctly like kerrin suggested. That wouldn't be very productive if you're actually needing to make use of the phases for a real project. Instead, in the view that you're having this issue with, under the Phase Filter, change it to "Show Complete." This will make all the wall show as if it were a completed project, just as it does when choosing the same option in Floor Plan view. When you choose "Show Previous and New," it differentiates between what was existing and what is new construction whether it's in Floor Plan or Perspective.