See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 2017 C3D - Network License Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default 2017 C3D - Network License Manager

I have installed C2D 2017 on my local machine, requested and received the proper license files from Autodesk, and appended my current license file which I use for both the 2014 and 2015 versions. I have since read that I need to update the NLM to the newest version. I am still using v11.12.0.0 and version 2017 is operating.

Is there something I'm missing here? Should I be doing this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2017 C3D - Network License Manager

Quote Originally Posted by MLS at ASE View Post
    I have installed C2D 2017 on my local machine, requested and received the proper license files from Autodesk, and appended my current license file which I use for both the 2014 and 2015 versions. I have since read that I need to update the NLM to the newest version. I am still using v11.12.0.0 and version 2017 is operating.

Is there something I'm missing here? Should I be doing this?
    There is info out there that says 2017 won't run on the older LM, but as you have seen it will. (I did the same thing - and wrote up this post)

But just to be safe, I went ahead and updated the LM to the current version. If you simply stop the server, and replace the 4 .EXE files, and then restart the service, you can even do it while users are using licenses.
    I'm not saying "go do this!", because problems can occur, but I have done this in the middle of the day before.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    There is info out there that says 2017 won't run on the older LM, but as you have seen it will. (I did the same thing - and wrote up this post)

But just to be safe, I went ahead and updated the LM to the current version. If you simply stop the server, and replace the 4 .EXE files, and then restart the service, you can even do it while users are using licenses.
    I'm not saying "go do this!", because problems can occur, but I have done this in the middle of the day before.
    I read your your write-up at CAD Panacea and I gave it a shot. It worked, no one new any different. I checked the version and it shows 11.13.1.2.

Suppose I continued to use the earlier version of LMN, what could be the expected outfall?

Login to Give a bone

I don't think anything would have happened if you continued to use the old LM.
    If you had other products using the same LM (such as ESRI), maybe they would require an upgrade at some point before the next Autodesk update??

I always try and upgrade the LM each year, but I needed to run a 2017 version before I had time to get to it this year. That is why I tried it on the old LM, and found it worked.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |