Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reducer for welded pipe

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Reducer for welded pipe

I used the Out of the box pipe transition. Created my own csv file.All I changed in the family itself was the model lines for my symbology and the "Fitting Length". In the type editor you can add a Text parameter and call it LTN short for text_file_lookup. Apply your csv name as the formula entry for this parameter then you can change the formulas as you go. In my csv I have nominal pipe, pipe od and fitting length. One size one length then in the type editor I use formulas to read the longest length from the largest size. Nominal Diameter 0 and 1 read the pipe connector and relay the "PipeOD" and "FittingLength" from the csv.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am new to the revit mep software and have been trying to make a long radius 90. I have tried changing the centre to end setting to give me the 1.5 times the diameter for a long radius 90. This is till not giving me the correct 90. I need someone to give me some help making long radius 90's for carbon steel.

Login to Give a bone

I opened the Standard OOB Elbow. In the Family Type Editor change the Center Radius to something like (Nominal Diameter *1.5). Save it as with your new name.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Does anyone have a family of a Welded Tee or Wye Fittings type that can make all sides measurement is different from one another and it doesn't need to have reducer?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jansencscruz675503 View Post
    Does anyone have a family of a Welded Tee or Wye Fittings type that can make all sides measurement is different from one another and it doesn't need to have reducer?
    It'd probably be faster for you to make your own reducing tee/wye. That's what I had to do. Try to find your supplier's website, and see if they have dimensioned drawings (weldbend is one example). Tees and wyes are relatively easy to make (when compared to elbows).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12