Thread: MEP 2K9

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Angry MEP 2K9

We are having problems with dragging views (model spaces) onto existing sheets. When we select the view we would like to use we get the red circle with a slash thru it. If we create a new sheet there seems to be no problem. Has anyone encountered this before?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2K9

Quote Originally Posted by BBriggs View Post
    We are having problems with dragging views (model spaces) onto existing sheets. When we select the view we would like to use we get the red circle with a slash thru it. If we create a new sheet there seems to be no problem. Has anyone encountered this before?
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post

Are you dragging a different level onto your sheet?

2009 had a glitch with trying to drag two different levels onto the same sheet, since the walls occupy the same space. The sheet doesn't know levels, all views are inserted at 0.

They fixed it in 2010, but I found out that if the sheet was created in 2009 it still happens.

2 workarounds:
    1. create a separate wall cleanup group for the upper floor. That way they don't try to clean up and wont' give you the circles of death.

2. move the newly inserted floor away from the existing one in the sheet set. I used this method. Open model space in the sheet and move it. I moved it 100' to the right so it was something easy to remember.

I hope this helps.