Summary: I wish I could put 2 or more light sources in a lighting fixture family and simultaneously change their IES file assignments per type within the family (as when you have a 24 ft run of a fluorescent pendant and the IES file is per 4ft section).

Description: I wish I could put 2 or more light sources in a lighting fixture family and simultaneously change their IES file assignments per type within the family (as when you have a 24 ft run of a fluorescent pendant and the IES file is per 4ft section).

How Used: I've been trying to make an 8ft fluorescent family. I made it of 4ft sections nested into a host family; each section requires its own light source, as the ies file is developed from the 4ft section. The only way to get two light sources into one fixture family is to nest two separate instances into the host family. This fixture has multiple ies files for different lamping configurations, and I need to be able to have a different ies file per host family type. Changing the properties of the light source itself is an unacceptable solution; the ies file needs to be associated with its appropriate type. For each type, the ies files for the individual 4 ft. units must all be linked so they are never mismatched. Inserting multiple discrete 4ft sections is a less-than-ideal workaround as it does not really create a single fixture of 8 or 24 feet, which is how you would specify it. It also increases the possibility of specification errors because of the number of discrete units.

I use Revit MEP 2009 but post to this wishlist as there is not yet an MEP wishlist

Feature Affinity: Family Editor

Submitted By: Judy Staicer on February 11, 2009