See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Crazy.... no lockups

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Crazy.... no lockups

Not in need of anything this post, just thought I'd share with the fact that I have been at the office this Saturday getting some overtime, and I haven't had one single lockup in six hours. I took RobertB's advice from another post and started using the MEP Basic 2-Line Display Representation instead of the MEP Design and wow. Not a single lockup. I guess the "hidden line" part really does kill the program's ability to maintain stability.

I wonder if I'm speaking too soon but I run a dual monitor setup with my AutoCAD interface spanned across both monitors with 2 vertical viewports, left in Plan View and the right in a 3D Model view with Realistic visual style applied for this particular BIM job we're doing. I usually get something to cause MEP to crash (uloading/reloading 3D XREF's, Orbiting around, moving around, etc...) but since I've made this change - nada. It doesn't seem like it's really any faster per se, but more efficient for sure.

I have to say I'm impressed so far but I really think that did the trick. I have been moving faster and pushing AutoCAD more than I usually do since I haven't seen any crashes. Still ticking strong.

Just thought I'd share.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Crazy.... no lockups

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know that we still have crashes around here regardless of the display rep, but it is interesting that it has been working so well for you.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.